+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! WP ABOUT TO EXPRE.

dushyantpuri

Mar 23, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I came to Canada as a student in 2013. I did my course and had an eligibility for 3 year work permit. My passport is expiring at the end of this month (March 30th 2016). My PGWP is also upto the last date of my PP ( 1 year and 6 months) . I already have applied for an extension and its been over 100 days. My passport has been extended.
I have also applied for my PR under Express Entry. I have submitted all the documents that were required per checklist CIC gave me. I want to know whats the best thing for me to do is? Should i apply for a BOWP? Can I apply for a BYOP after my WP expires? Can I stay in Canada?

I cant get an answer from CIC. Please help.

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
dushyantpuri said:
Hello Everyone,

I came to Canada as a student in 2013. I did my course and had an eligibility for 3 year work permit. My passport is expiring at the end of this month (March 30th 2016). My PGWP is also upto the last date of my PP ( 1 year and 6 months) . I already have applied for an extension and its been over 100 days.
I have also applied for my PR under Express Entry and want to know whats the best thing for me to do is? Should i apply for a BOWP? Can I apply for a BYOP after my WP expires? Can I stay in Canada?

Did you renew your passport?

Human11

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Dushyant puri

If your Initial PGWP was issued to your passport expiry, you are entitled to an extension.
As you said that you have already applied for extension
so you have 2 options

either you can wait for a decision from CIC
OR
You can go to a boarder and try to extend your PGWP there

Good Luck

dushyantpuri

Mar 23, 2013
I am in Waterloo, ON. Should i got to Niagara Border? What documents should I carry with me?

If in case (HOPE THIS DSNT HAPPEN) my WP extension application is rejected, can i still say in Canada since my PR application is in process? I have submitted documents as directed by CIC.

My Canadian Visa expires the same day as my PGWP.

Thank you SO much for helping me out. I am genuinely worried.

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
hello,

if your wp application rejected, you don't necessarily have to leave Canada,but you wont be able to work anymore.

Human11

Feb 26, 2016
dushyantpuri said:
I am in Waterloo, ON. Should i got to Niagara Border? What documents should I carry with me?

If in case (HOPE THIS DSNT HAPPEN) my WP extension application is rejected, can i still say in Canada since my PR application is in process? I have submitted documents as directed by CIC.

My Canadian Visa expires the same day as my PGWP.

Thank you SO much for helping me out. I am genuinely worried.
You can Go to whichever boarde is convenient for you
You should take
The confirmation of application submission PGWP Extension (If applied online)
Your AOR for PR application
you new passport
Current PGWP
LMIA or PNP certificate ( If you have One)

Go to the boarder and explain to the officer that you have already applied for extension to CIC . Show them the documents
and request them to extend your PGWP there
On boarder there is no guarantee that you will get an extension or not.
But you can give it a shot

Good Luck

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dushyantpuri said:
Hello Everyone,

I came to Canada as a student in 2013. I did my course and had an eligibility for 3 year work permit. My passport is expiring at the end of this month (March 30th 2016). My PGWP is also upto the last date of my PP ( 1 year and 6 months) . I already have applied for an extension and its been over 100 days. My passport has been extended.
I have also applied for my PR under Express Entry. I have submitted all the documents that were required per checklist CIC gave me. I want to know whats the best thing for me to do is? Should i apply for a BOWP? Can I apply for a BYOP after my WP expires? Can I stay in Canada?

and if you are going to border than go on 30th march, as will have to choice, the only thing they can do is give you your work permit