+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Work permit expires in 2 months. Still waiting on AOR. What to do?

seanmheff

Jan 18, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.

My work permit expires at the end of June and I'm still waiting for my AOR from the OOPNP program. It looks like it will be late May before I get the AOR.

I am working full time and don't want to leave Canada while I wait for my PR to come through.

Any ideas how I can stay working here?

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. I applied for it today. Like you my WP expires in just over 2 months. I'm typing from a phone otherwise I would send you the link.

Go to Google and type 'Bridging Open Work Permit'.

seanmheff

Jan 18, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. I applied for it today. Like you my WP expires in just over 2 months. I'm typing from a phone otherwise I would send you the link.

Go to Google and type 'Bridging Open Work Permit'.
Hi! So you waited until you got an ITA before attempting to bridge your permit? Its starting to look like I won't get my ITA until after my permit expires at the end of June.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seanmheff said:
Hi! So you waited until you got an ITA before attempting to bridge your permit? Its starting to look like I won't get my ITA until after my permit expires at the end of June.
Hi, yes I had to wait until I got an ITA. One of the conditions for submitting a Bridging Open Work Permit' is to have submitted a Permanent Residence Application and then submit your 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' following submission of your PR application.

Sorry I didn't read your post properly. I thought even though you may have your OINP in Progress you still may have gotten an ITA.