+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Won't get full experience letter from employer

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Hello folks,

I got invited to apply to the Express Entry thought the FSW program on July this year. I have 13 months of continuous foreign work experience on my NOC on two different companies and after it I have other 10 months (until the date when the ITA was received) of work experience in the same NOC but this time inside Canada.

My problem comes because one of my previous companies won't give me a full experience letter with all the requirements shown in the CIC website. They are only signing the letter confirming the dates I worked for them and my job title, but won't show my duties or my salary there. This experience is only for 4 months, so if I remove it from my profile I still have 1 year experience with 9 months out of Canada and 10 inside Canada, but there's a gap of 3 months between these work experiences.

Would I still be elegible to apply if I move the 4 months experience to my personal history? What should I do instead? Could I add myself my duties and write a letter of explanation?

Thank you all!

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Thank you for your response.

My CRS won't drop bellow 67 if I remove it. But my only concern is if the one year experience requirement will be accomplished now as after removing it I won't have 1 year continuous experience. There will be a 3 months gap between the end of my foreign experience (9 months) and start date of my experience in Canada.

Here it says it has to be at least 1 year experience in the same NOC and continuous: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Thank you for your response.

My CRS won't drop bellow 67 if I remove it. But my only concern is if the one year experience requirement will be accomplished now as after removing it I won't have 1 year continuous experience. There will be a 3 months gap between the end of my foreign experience (9 months) and start date of my experience in Canada.

Here it says it has to be at least 1 year experience in the same NOC and continuous: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Pls check from CRS calculator, what is your score (as today's draw was for 435 points), if it is equal to or above this score, you are eligible to apply and will soon receive ITA

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's correct, if you don't meet the year of continuous experience you will be ineligible under the FSW program.

Since your employer is not willing to provide all details get a former colleague or manager to write a letter in plain paper and get proof that they work for such company. Self-declared duties/responsibilities are not recommended.

doble

Apr 25, 2017
That's correct, if you don't meet the year of continuous experience you will be ineligible under the FSW program.

Since your employer is not willing to provide all details get a former colleague or manager to write a letter in plain paper and get proof that they work for such company. Self-declared duties/responsibilities are not recommended.
That is helpful, thanks! If I get a former colleague to sign a letter, what kind of proof would work to show that he worked with me in the company?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Business card, employer ID, offer letter, I've even seen applicants who managed to convince their colleagues to get their pay stubs.

Whatever you can get will be helpful. Note that you should still provide whichever letter your current employer agrees to issue.