+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP WITH VISA AND STUDY PERMIT EXPIRATION

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Hello,

My visitor's visa expires at the same time as my study permit and it is within one month from now...
I am planning to start by applying for a study permit extension and then a visa extension but the study permit extension takes 60 days! And by that time my visiting visa will expires :(

Will I have to apply for a restoration of status then?
I read on the CIC site that I cannot study when my student visa is on restoration or did I get that wrong? Does that mean I will have to stop going to school even if I already paid the tuition and I am currently enrolled this semester?

Please help me

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hello,

My visitor's visa expires at the same time as my study permit and it is within one month from now...
I am planning to start by applying for a study permit extension and then a visa extension but the study permit extension takes 60 days! And by that time my visiting visa will expires :(

Will I have to apply for a restoration of status then?
I read on the CIC site that I cannot study when my student visa is on restoration or did I get that wrong? Does that mean I will have to stop going to school even if I already paid the tuition and I am currently enrolled this semester?

Please help me
If you apply for Extension now, You will be able to study even if your Study Permit Expires in Process of Extension until a Decision comes on Your Application. If the decision comes as a refusal and then you want to apply again then you will have to apply for restoration of status and Study Permit and in that case, you have to stop studying.

Laulau

May 11, 2017
If you apply for Extension now, You will be able to study even if your Study Permit Expires in Process of Extension until a Decision comes on Your Application. If the decision comes as a refusal and then you want to apply again then you will have to apply for restoration of status and Study Permit and in that case, you have to stop studying.
okay but what if my study permit gets extended but my temporary visa expires while the study permit's extension is in process?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
It really doesn't matter if your TRV expires while your application is in the process you can only extend your TRV if your Extension is approved. So you don't have to worry about that.

Laulau

May 11, 2017
It really doesn't matter if your TRV expires while your application is in the process you can only extend your TRV if your Extension is approved. So you don't have to worry about that.
Oh! Thank you so much! That was my main question actually haha sorry and again thank you so much!!!