+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help with submitting documents online

mindrage

Jan 25, 2016
Hello,

I have submitted my application (on paper) last month and have successfully created an account on the CIC website.
My application is linked to the account, and I got a request for police certificates.
I need multiple certificates including translations and affidavits, but I could only upload one scan.

Now the upload button is simply gone, I guess because the system assumes I submitted everything important, but I still have to submit several more pages.

I spent what seems to be ages on their website, but can not for the life of me find any way to upload further documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am getting worried that they might reject my application for being incomplete simply because I can not figure out how to send them all the files...

mindrage

Jan 25, 2016
Maybe this helps someone with the same problem:

On the page where you can submit a help desk inquiry on the CIC website, at the bottom after you have filled out all the fields, it reads:
"After you click "Next", you will have the opportunity to upload your document(s)."
They are restricted to a filesize of 3,5MB total, but I could upload multiple scans.

I still have no idea if this worked though.
I am very worried about missing the deadline to submit my police certificates just because they might be stuck somewhere in their system.
Is there noone that had to deal with that problem before?

mindrage

Jan 25, 2016
So, this is what I wrote in the webform:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I submitted my application for permanent residence via mail and successfully linked it to my online account.
There, I was asked to submit multiple police certificates.
I have gathered all the neccessary certificates (5 pages in total including translation and affidavit), but could only upload one.

After uploading the Schedule A form and the first police certificate, there now is no button anymore to upload further documents.
I am trying to upload here: "Check Status and Messages" > "View Submitted Application" > "Documents Submitted by the Client".

Should I just send the original documents in via Mail? If yes, what is the correct address for that?
Or is there a way to send them in via Email?
I have tried absolutely everything I could think of to solve this problem, but am definitely stuck here and am very worried about
missing the July 17th deadline to submit the documents.

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Have a wonderful day!

PS: I just noticed on the very page to submit this help request there is a note at the bottom that reads "After you click "Next",
you will have the opportunity to upload your document(s)."
I will try to upload the missing police certificates in the next step. Should this work, please feel free to ignore this inquiry."

mindrage

Jan 25, 2016
And this is the answer via Email that I got 10 days later.
It would be funny if I would not be so stressed out.
Getting someone on the phone is impossible, too.

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your online account.

There could be different reasons why you faced these difficulties. We invite you to take a look at the list of common issues encountered when linking an application, and their resolutions. (...)"

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Hi there,

Yes, the website is not very practical as it only allows you to upload 1 file. So for next time you know you have to scan all your different documents together so you have 1 PDF and upload that.

Now you could send the paper docs via mail, I think it doesn´t say on the website but if you can´t reach an agent, I woul just send it to the same exact address where you sent your PR package the first time.

Hope it helps ;)

Reactions: John013

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Just like Helena said, when you have multiple pages creating one PDF file with all the pages is the way to go.