+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I was reading that under CEC you don´t require it. Bellow I attached an extract (from the following link):

"Education
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But you can earn points for your education under Express Entry, if:

• you went to school in Canada, and have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
  • you have foreign education, and you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
You'll only benefit from getting an ECA if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian high school diploma or greater."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

It is really strange that you received the NOI but they told you that you don´t meet the criterias required. :(
Provinces have their own criteria for nomination and they are not bound by IRCC defined criteria. OP application would have cancelled even if applied. Bachelor's is a must.
Read this :

Receiving a Notification of Interest does not mean you qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. Please consult the Human Capital Priorities Stream Application Guide in order to ensure you meet both provincial and federal criteria.

Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream Criteria
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following provincialcriteria:

1. Work Experience: A minimum of either:
  2. Education: Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above
  3. Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French
  4. Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family members
  5. Intent: An intention to live in Ontario
  6. Legal Status in Canada (if applicable): Must have legal status in Canada (i.e., study permit, work permit, visitor record) if currently residing in Canada.
  7. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score: A minimum of 400 points in the CRS of IRCC’s Express
Now, coming back to your question on why they sent NOI, because they usually don't check / verify every criteria against the profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: SumH12

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter under PNP through EE from ontario government yesterday, how I'm real confused.

1.How long do I have before I make a decision?
2.It literally says "under pnp", there's 3 streams: Human Capital, French Worker and Skills Trade. How do I find out which stream I was qualified for? I didn't feel like I was qualified for any of those...
3.My CRS score is 438. Is it really worth the money?
4.Anybody knows a way to get a hold to CIC? It takes forever for them to answer the phone..

Any info would be very appreciated!

I am at 438 too.How did you receive the oinp