+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with my occupation and its potential problem.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I only received my bachelor degree in 2007. However, due to my background from my high school back in my country, I have been working as a Accountant since 2000 and my occupation is the the list of 38 occupations in demand. I got in school one year before, in 1999. The reason it took me so long to graduate was family responsibilities. I carry all duties listed on CIC website. Do you guys think that it should be fine for me to list only the Accountant position on my occupation since 2000, even though I was only in school for one year when I was hired? Will it be fine to list it alone or should I put down Bookkeeper for two years where they will see I gained some experience and then put down 5 years for Accountant? I can get proof of all.

Thank you.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Help wit my occupation and its potential problem.

LeoNYC said:
I only received my bachelor degree in 2007. However, due to my background from my high school back in my country, I have been working as a Accountant since 2000 and my occupation is the the list of 38 occupations in demand. I got in school one year before, in 1999. The reason it took me so long to graduate was family responsibilities. I carry all duties listed on CIC website. Do you guys think that it should be fine for me to list only the Accountant position on my occupation since 2000, even though I was only in school for one year when I was hired? Will it be fine to list it alone or should I put down Bookkeeper for two years where they will see I gained some experience and then put down 5 years for Accountant? I can get proof of all.

Thank you.
in my opinion, the title "accountant" should only be used after you have finished a proper accountancy course. so if i were you, i would count the number of years of experience as an accountant after i finished formal schooling.

you can also put down your bookkeeper experience and write in your duties and responsibilities as a bookkeeper.

if you had at least one year of experience in the last ten years as an accountant, then you are eligible to apply.

this is just my opinion, let us wait for other members to reply.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
But that's the truth. I started off as an Accountant doing basic stuff. They hired me because I did my high school in my in a vocational school in accounting technician. Then with the time I started learning everything and when I realized, I was performing the duties of an Accountant. I only graduated in 2007. Here in the US, you do not necessarily have to have a degree in Accounting to be an Accountant. Also, what the CIC is concerned is what kind of duties have you been performing and not your occupation. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
I think so too. As lon as you can proof. A degree is not required juts because you are claiming to be an accountant. It is just my sense.

islander

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Maybe you should split your experience between Accounting Technician and Accountant if you could get a letter stating both. Let's wait to see if anyone else give a different advice.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
I think you will be all right. However, if you want to practice the profession in Canada, that is a different issue. As for the application itself I think you can claim anything you want as long as you have proof of it. Now, if I were in your situation, I would put down 2 years in Accounting Technician and the rest in Accountant. What you guys think?

shacan

Sep 16, 2013
Hello friends,

I am new to this blog, can any one share there valuable time, plz suggest me how to go with FSW visa,
I have got masters degree in accounting (Australia), and few years experiance in same, plz share any info

Thank you,

Kumar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shacan said:
Hello friends,

I am new to this blog, can any one share there valuable time, plz suggest me how to go with FSW visa,
I have got masters degree in accounting (Australia), and few years experiance in same, plz share any info

Thank you,

Kumar
You need a job offer in Canada to qualify to apply for FSW.

shacan

Sep 16, 2013
Hi all,

Thank you Scylla for your advice, and you Plz share few more details abt the
Fsw process and where to begin, and is IELTS (7 bands ) in each module still required for applying.
Plz post any links where I am surf abt info.

Thank you

Kumar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can find detailed information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

You need a score of 6 in each category (i.e. reading, writing, etc.) to qualify.

shacan

Sep 16, 2013
Thank you Scylla
Hope this will help me, and thanks again for your prompt response.

Thank again

Kumar