+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with FSW 67 Points & IEC

0ilyb0ker

Jul 1, 2024
Hi

So I'm going through the FSW and can't seem to find an answer to this...

I am coming on an IEC Visa, and have a job sealed (arranged employment), and was actually looking at FSW for EE and adding myself to the pool

Now I KNOW I CANNOT CLAIM LMIA 50 points on EE, but I was wondering if the question:

"You have an Arranged employment in Canada?"

I can answer YES as I have IEC Job Offer and so am LMIA exempt?

Essentially, I have 66 points for FSW so cannot enter the pool...

However, by answering YES to that question, I can then enter the pool with enough points

I work in healthcare so my relatively low CRS score might actually be fine (425), I can enter the pool, potentially getting picked out...

TLDR; do i technically have arranged employment in Canada for purpose of FSW points with my job offer on my IEC work permit?

Thanks!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

So I'm going through the FSW and can't seem to find an answer to this...

I am coming on an IEC Visa, and have a job sealed (arranged employment), and was actually looking at FSW for EE and adding myself to the pool

Now I KNOW I CANNOT CLAIM LMIA 50 points on EE, but I was wondering if the question:

"You have an Arranged employment in Canada?"

I can answer YES as I have IEC Job Offer and so am LMIA exempt?

Essentially, I have 66 points for FSW so cannot enter the pool...

However, by answering YES to that question, I can then enter the pool with enough points

I work in healthcare so my relatively low CRS score might actually be fine (425), I can enter the pool, potentially getting picked out...

TLDR; do i technically have arranged employment in Canada for purpose of FSW points with my job offer on my IEC work permit?

Thanks!!
You answer NO.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html#employment

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Only those on a closed WP are allowed for cases that lack LMIA this has been answered many times in this forum.

Billy_Joe

Jul 2, 2024
Hi everyone, I just want to ask how to get a points of 450 to 460 points for a welder in able for me to apply to FSW?
Currently I am here in Canada working in a chicken factory as machine operator. I have 8years welding experience back in our country and I wanted to use that in able for me to apply. I graduated in a university with a bachelors degree, I already took my ECA as well as my Celpip. Please advice me to get this kind of CRS score in able for me to qualify. on my Celpip I got CLB6 for listening, reading, and speaking. while on my writing I got CLB7

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I just want to ask how to get a points of 450 to 460 points for a welder in able for me to apply to FSW?
Currently I am here in Canada working in a chicken factory as machine operator. I have 8years welding experience back in our country and I wanted to use that in able for me to apply. I graduated in a university with a bachelors degree, I already took my ECA as well as my Celpip. Please advice me to get this kind of CRS score in able for me to qualify. on my Celpip I got CLB6 for listening, reading, and speaking. while on my writing I got CLB7
- Improve your CELPIP score
- Learn French and take the French language test
- Have your employer get an approved LMIA so that you can claim job offer points
- See if you can get the red seal certification

Reactions: Lord_Tony