+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with family class sponsorship!!

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone! I really hope I'm posting in the right place as I could use some guidance. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring her Irish husband! I sent in our Outland application in December 2016. When I check my status online it says a decision has been made for the sponsorship application status but I haven't received any correspondence from cic telling me if I was found eligible or not. When I click the decision made link the timeline shows as
We received your application to sponsor on December 22, 2016.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2017.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2017.

Im starting to get a bit nervous because I don't understand why I haven't been contacted about what the decision is. I'm mostly nervous because I stupidly selected to continue with processing my husbands PR even if I am found ineligible. I'm concerned if I am found ineligible what should I do since I had selected option B? I don't think I should have any problems because I believe I met all the requirements but I can't help being a little paranoid now. If I am found ineligible would we be able to then withdraw my husbands application and start over? Any help would so very appreciated! Thank you everyone!!

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
candiancat said:
Hello everyone! I really hope I'm posting in the right place as I could use some guidance. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring her Irish husband! I sent in our Outland application in December 2016. When I check my status online it says a decision has been made for the sponsorship application status but I haven't received any correspondence from cic telling me if I was found eligible or not. When I click the decision made link the timeline shows as

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2017.

Im starting to get a bit nervous because I don't understand why I haven't been contacted about what the decision is. I'm mostly nervous because I stupidly selected to continue with processing my husbands PR even if I am found ineligible. I'm concerned if I am found ineligible what should I do since I had selected option B? I don't think I should have any problems because I believe I met all the requirements but I can't help being a little paranoid now. If I am found ineligible would we be able to then withdraw my husbands application and start over? Any help would so very appreciated! Thank you everyone!!
what does it says on the permanent residence side ?

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for your reply! It says it is in process. They've even contacted us to ask for his background check and he has alread passed medical results. Thank you! I've tried calling cic all morning but it's impossible to get through to a human :(

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
But wouldn't I have received some correspondence like an email for a letter letting me know of this? It has been saying decision made for well over a month now. Thanks for your help!

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
candiancat said:
But wouldn't I have received some correspondence like an email for a letter letting me know of this? It has been saying decision made for well over a month now. Thanks for your help!
Some VO offices do not send correspondence, as long as your ECAs is
updated you don't have to worry

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
Okay I really hope so! I've submitted a request to get my gscm notes. Would AOR be when they emailed me saying they've received my application and gave an application and icu number? I'm just scared I could be rejected but they're still processing my husbands file. Thanks!

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
candiancat said:
Okay I really hope so! I've submitted a request to get my gscm notes. Would AOR be when they emailed me saying they've received my application and gave an application and icu number? I'm just scared I could be rejected but they're still processing my husbands file. Thanks!
How did he check online if he has no file # ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
In IMM1344 Part 1, Question 1, did you check "Withdraw application" if you were ineligible to sponsor? If so, then you are 100% fine. The only way you'd be denied sponsorship is if you are on welfare(or someone you sponsored in the past is), have immigration loans in default, are sponsoring someone else, or are a violent criminal. If none of those apply you are guaranteed to be approved.

Have you not received AOR as well by email? I would think they don't have the correct email address on file, or the emails are going to your spam. Make sure you are checking the correct email address as well.

Have you tried linking with GCKey (I think you need your application number for that).

Lastly, you can get through to the help line to check your email address (though I think it might be displayed in ECAS). Call in the morning (Canadian time) and just keep calling over and over if you don't get through.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
candiancat said:

i am sponsoring my husband inland spousal sponsorship I got approved on march 10 2017 to sponsor my husband our lawyer received cic approval email at 6pm March 10 2017 and our journey started on December 15,2015 we are almost done

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
Aquakitty said:
In IMM1344 Part 1, Question 1, did you check "Withdraw application" if you were ineligible to sponsor? If so, then you are 100% fine. The only way you'd be denied sponsorship is if you are on welfare(or someone you sponsored in the past is), have immigration loans in default, are sponsoring someone else, or are a violent criminal. If none of those apply you are guaranteed to be approved.

Have you not received AOR as well by email? I would think they don't have the correct email address on file, or the emails are going to your spam. Make sure you are checking the correct email address as well.

Have you tried linking with GCKey (I think you need your application number for that).

Lastly, you can get through to the help line to check your email address (though I think it might be displayed in ECAS). Call in the morning (Canadian time) and just keep calling over and over if you don't get through.

Thank you so much for your reply! The reason I am concerned is because I did not select option about b to continue processing even if I am not approved. That was a mistake I made. They also did send me an AOR before by email. My husbands application is also linked with gc key. I've been calling them all day today and no luck getting through, it's very frustrating :(

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
carolbb23 said:
i am sponsoring my husband inland spousal sponsorship I got approved on march 10 2017 to sponsor my husband our lawyer received cic approval email at 6pm March 10 2017 and our journey started on December 15,2015 we are almost done

Wow your timeline is very close to ours! So maybe I will receive an email someday soon now! Sorry did you mean December 2016 or 2015? Also did they receive your package on the 15th? Any more info would be appreciated :D thanks!

candiancat

Mar 15, 2017
Louman64 said:
How did he check online if he has no file # ?
I believe we do have a file number! Everything seems to be going smoothly except for me not hearing about my sponsorship approval

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
candiancat said:
Thank you so much for your reply! The reason I am concerned is because I did not select option about b to continue processing even if I am not approved. That was a mistake I made. They also did send me an AOR before by email. My husbands application is also linked with gc key. I've been calling them all day today and no luck getting through, it's very frustrating :(

try tommrrow around 8am

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
candiancat said:
Check your spam box. If it's not there, then it's very possible that they just didn't send it or there was a wrong email. As Aquakitty said above, if you met the requirements of a sponsor, you were approved. There is no grey area.