Help with calculating General IELT score

raypower

Dec 2, 2010
Listening - 7.0

Reading - 6.5

Writing - 7.0

Speaking - 8.5

Overall Band score: 7.5

Will i be able to claim all 16points for high proficiency in first official language? Seniors please advice

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

raypower said:
Listening - 7.0

Reading - 6.5

Writing - 7.0

Speaking - 8.5

No, 14 see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 9

Will i be able to claim all 16points for high proficiency in first official language? Seniors please advice

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raypower said:
Listening - 7.0

Reading - 6.5

Writing - 7.0

Speaking - 8.5

In listening you need 7.5 then you will get total 4 points in this module.

raypower

Dec 2, 2010
Thanks for the response. But does it mean the overall Band has no affect on the scoring? I no of someone who had an overall band of 6.5(meaning he had a couple of 5.5's,6.0 and 7.5 speaking) and was able to claimed 16 points. Got his Visa November 2010

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raypower said:
Thanks for the response. But does it mean the overall Band has no affect on the scoring? I no of someone who had an overall band of 6.5(meaning he had a couple of 5.5's,6.0 and 7.5 speaking) and was able to claimed 16 points. Got his Visa November 2010
oh dear for visa achieving no need to get 16 points in language, you have to get total 67 in various sector, such as education, job experience, language, adaptability, job arrangement, age, and so on.

raypower

Dec 2, 2010
Tonucml, Thanks again for replying. I need the whole 16point to make up the mininum 67 ponits required. I want to know if the overall band score is not taken into consideration at all?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

raypower said:
Tonucml, Thanks again for replying. I need the whole 16point to make up the mininum 67 ponits required. I want to know if the overall band score is not taken into consideration at all?
No, its not. Only the 4 individuals scores are counted.

raypower

Dec 2, 2010
i'll have to send in the Apllication claiming 16points with the result have got. I cant retake the IELT exam again because of 0.5 points. There should be room for considerations.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

raypower said:
i'll have to send in the Apllication claiming 16points with the result have got. I cant retake the IELT exam again because of 0.5 points. There should be room for considerations.
How will that work? You have to submit the original IETLS which shows 14 points, and that is all CIC will give you.

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raypower said:
I never hear to claim 0.5 points before like your thinking's. Take care.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
raypower said:
you cant claim 16 points with your current IELTS result.
Currently your points for IELTS is 14 and if you send your application right now then CIC will refuse your application since your total score havn't reached 67
Retake IELTS, get full 16 points, and then send your application package.

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Retake IELTS. Its much much better than getting your application rejected. Your standard of speaking, writing and reading is not going to change. so u will get the same band or better for thse three. And as far as listening is concerned , u can work harder. After my IELTS test I felt if i had concentrated better I cld hve performed better for listening. My score was 7.5 for listening. So pls give IELTS again.
Mayb u will b able to score better now tht u know how the test is conducted. Best of luck. IELTS points is in your hands , u jst need to work on it.