+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Advice on Upfront Medicals done post ITA since I was not aware of the new public policy on upfront medicals

jayne6595481

Sep 30, 2024
Hi all,

Need urgent help as I wish to submit my completed application soon. I received my ITA in August and as per my understanding, currently IRCC doesn't need upfront medical examinations. However, I wasn't aware of it and had completed my medicals in August itself. I also have previous medical results for my study permit application back in 2021. I have heard the IRCC has mentioned that we should wait for medical instructions and then only get those done. Now, I am not sure how I should proceed. I have two options:
1. Upload the latest proof of upfront medical exam
2. Upload the proof of medical exam completed back in 2021. I am aware that medicals are valid only up to a year, but these have been done within past 5 years.

I am thinking of not uploading the latest upfront exam results as many people have faced issues of difference in IME no.s and hence problems with their application. If I proceed with option 2 and they send a request, I am thinking of getting my medicals done again. Would that be a problem?

Reactions: yasw

yasw

Aug 22, 2019
Hi all,

Need urgent help as I wish to submit my completed application soon. I received my ITA in August and as per my understanding, currently IRCC doesn't need upfront medical examinations. However, I wasn't aware of it and had completed my medicals in August itself. I also have previous medical results for my study permit application back in 2021. I have heard the IRCC has mentioned that we should wait for medical instructions and then only get those done. Now, I am not sure how I should proceed. I have two options:
1. Upload the latest proof of upfront medical exam
2. Upload the proof of medical exam completed back in 2021. I am aware that medicals are valid only up to a year, but these have been done within past 5 years.

I am thinking of not uploading the latest upfront exam results as many people have faced issues of difference in IME no.s and hence problems with their application. If I proceed with option 2 and they send a request, I am thinking of getting my medicals done again. Would that be a problem?
Hi, first of all, don't freak out :) Congrats on getting an ITA and hopefully everything goes well with your application. You have NOTHING to worry about. For the medical examination section, upload both of your previous medical exams reports (if you have them/or the receipts) and attach an explanation letter explaining the situation. If you did a med exam you did in 2021 and didn't leave Canada since then there was a temporary policy (done during COVID) stating that Med exam results are valid for the people insideCanada for 5 years and the Policy ends in October 2024 (don't remember the exact date in Oct).
In the explanation letter, include a sentence stating that you are more than happy to get a new medical exam done if the officer wants you to.
I submitted an old medical exam and said I am open to do a new one if needed. I left Canada a couple of months ago because my PGWP expired so I did get a new medical examination request and got it done a couple of weeks ago.

You are okay, don't worry. Just submit what you have along with an explanation letter and being open to re-do it if needed.
Best of luck.

jayne6595481

Sep 30, 2024
Hi, first of all, don't freak out :) Congrats on getting an ITA and hopefully everything goes well with your application. You have NOTHING to worry about. For the medical examination section, upload both of your previous medical exams reports (if you have them/or the receipts) and attach an explanation letter explaining the situation. If you did a med exam you did in 2021 and didn't leave Canada since then there was a temporary policy (done during COVID) stating that Med exam results are valid for the people insideCanada for 5 years and the Policy ends in October 2024 (don't remember the exact date in Oct).
In the explanation letter, include a sentence stating that you are more than happy to get a new medical exam done if the officer wants you to.
I submitted an old medical exam and said I am open to do a new one if needed. I left Canada a couple of months ago because my PGWP expired so I did get a new medical examination request and got it done a couple of weeks ago.

You are okay, don't worry. Just submit what you have along with an explanation letter and being open to re-do it if needed.
Best of luck.
Hi, thank you so much for responding promptly.
Based on your advice, I will do the same and attach a letter of explanation. Actually, I also left Canada a few months ago before I received my ITA since my PGWP expired as well. I hope that doesn’t change anything. I was skeptical about attaching the latest medical results because it was mentioned on the following webpage that failing to comply with IRCC’s instructions may lead to issues, hence I didn’t want to take any chances: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
I am willing and open to take a re-medical whenever requested by IRCC so I will mention that in LOE as you advised.

Thanks!

Reactions: yasw

yasw

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, thank you so much for responding promptly.
Based on your advice, I will do the same and attach a letter of explanation. Actually, I also left Canada a few months ago before I received my ITA since my PGWP expired as well. I hope that doesn’t change anything. I was skeptical about attaching the latest medical results because it was mentioned on the following webpage that failing to comply with IRCC’s instructions may lead to issues, hence I didn’t want to take any chances: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
I am willing and open to take a re-medical whenever requested by IRCC so I will mention that in LOE as you advised.

Thanks!
It should be fine, don't worry. 99% you were asked for your UCI number when you were doing your medical, so don't worry your application and the upfront medical should get linked. Worst case scenario you'll do the meds again, don't worry. Best of luck.