+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP TO INTERPRETE

Larryray

Jan 18, 2022
Is there something I am missing here? It appears that the OP and his wife submitted a TRV application with someone's help. That person came to be viewed as "representative". The application was legitimate and truthful in every way, but nothing was said about having a rep. On that thin ground, they were given a 5-year ban. Seems harsh.

But, the OP also said:

What was the agent's fraudulent act? Not declaring themselves as rep? Is that fraud? This whole thing strikes me (but apparently only me) as a bit strange.
Nothing was said that a representative was used in the application until IRCC discovered and sent us PFL. On the part of the fraudulent act is because my money was involved and I believed the agent to be a professional and secondly the agent deceived us into saying it's work permit until we did our biometrics at VFS that I knew it was visit. Apologies I didn't mention this earlier inu post.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It was after the PFL came that we were asked to fill the use of representative form. The PFL states that we failed to mention that we used a rep.
My agent said she submitted the Use of rep form we submitted within the stipulated days which I can't authoritatively confirm.
I mentioned fraud here cause my money was involved in all of this and I felt I was defrauded. It was months after we got a ban and agent refused to inform us early until someone who discovered escalated it on social media.
So you used an agent for your application but never filled out the form and got a PFL. Your agent likely lied to you. For the PFL, signing the use of rep form was not the right course of action. You would have written a response apologizing and saying that you forgot (or something like that).

If months have passed since the ban, there really isn’t anything you can do now. If you want to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to appeal it in federal courts and you have a lot of money to launch an appeal then it is your decision.