+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help....sponsoring mentally disable 25 years old sister with a mind of 5 year old child.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
My sister is mentally disable. She is about 25 years old but has a mind of a 5years old child. Totally dependent on my parents. No medications or treatment required though. My mother has multiple health issues like diabetes, heart problem & thyroid. Recently, father been diagnosed with lungs problem( he smokes since years)
I understand that ircc would not give residency to anyone who is physically or mentally disable to avoid being burden on Canadian Govt.

Hoping to find a way to sponsor her directly.....Any information or advice on this would be much appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My sister is mentally disable. She is about 25 years old but has a mind of a 5years old child. Totally dependent on my parents. No medications or treatment required though. My mother has multiple health issues like diabetes, heart problem & thyroid. Recently, father been diagnosed with lungs problem( he smokes since years)
I understand that ircc would not give residency to anyone who is physically or mentally disable to avoid being burden on Canadian Govt.

Hoping to find a way to sponsor her directly.....Any information or advice on this would be much appreciated.
The only way for her to apply for PR directly is if she gets a TRV (visitor visa) approved, travels to Canada, and submits a PR application from within Canada under the H&C program. That's the only option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that even if she does get a TRV H&C is not guaranteed. Does she have a large trust that would provide private respite care since caregiver 24/7 is extremely difficult and you wouldn’t be able to work unless you had additional funds for.private daytime caregiver, if she had a lot of funds in her name that would also mean she wouldn’t qualify for disability payments so wouldn’t be receiving some government payments which could be viewed as a negative, do you own your own home and do you have the extra room in your home that would meet your sister’s needs, if you have a spouse and children whether they also willing to take on the roles as caregivers will likely be considered because it will impact your family life, if you get sick or pass away are there the funds to care for her or another family member willing to over 24/7 care of your sister, etc. Is your sister predisposed to certain medical issues like cardiac issues with cases of down syndrome for example. These are some of the type of issues that would be examined in an H&C.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl