+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - SOWP Wrong Expiry Date!

vinvictus

Dec 8, 2020
Hello,
I had applied for my Wife's Openwork permit and study permit for my son back in February (New Delhi IRCC). Both are approved as of last week, but here are the challenges we are dealing with

- My wife received the passport last week and it has an expiry date of 11 December, We have tried to contact them but it has been over 7 days and there is no reply to the web form or email. We don't know how to contact them urgently to rectify this situation
- My Son's visa: we got the request for a passport last week and I am afraid they print the same wrong date on his visa too. So the visa will be expired before we receive it

I believe the wrong date is from my old work permit. My old work permit back then had an expiry date of 11 December 2020, which later changed to April of 2022 in September. This was updated on their profile the day I received the new work permit and I even got a confirmation from IRCC about the same.

I would like to know if there is a way to reach out to them urgently or some other means we can figure out how to make changes to the visa Stamp expiry date? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hello,
I had applied for my Wife's Openwork permit and study permit for my son back in February (New Delhi IRCC). Both are approved as of last week, but here are the challenges we are dealing with

- My wife received the passport last week and it has an expiry date of 11 December, We have tried to contact them but it has been over 7 days and there is no reply to the web form or email. We don't know how to contact them urgently to rectify this situation
- My Son's visa: we got the request for a passport last week and I am afraid they print the same wrong date on his visa too. So the visa will be expired before we receive it

I believe the wrong date is from my old work permit. My old work permit back then had an expiry date of 11 December 2020, which later changed to April of 2022 in September. This was updated on their profile the day I received the new work permit and I even got a confirmation from IRCC about the same.

I would like to know if there is a way to reach out to them urgently or some other means we can figure out how to make changes to the visa Stamp expiry date? Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Have you tried calling IRCC directly? The number is 1-888-242-2100. It takes about 30-45 minutes to connect to an agent unless you call early in the morning like 8AM.

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello,

Hey, I am in a similar situation. Can you tell me how you got it fixed?
Hello All, I am looking for some immediate suggestion. I was on study permit with expiry date Sep 30th 2022 as expiry. I applied for my wife SOWP when i was student. I completed studies and got PGWP for 3 years. Wife got SOWP but her passport stamp is valid only for 30th Sep 2022. My question is: Is TRV validity same as SOWP validity? We have a kid back in India who doesn't have any visa. I am in Canada and they are in India. how can we tackle? Can she come to Canada, and at POE, get her SOWP extended and go back? What options do we have?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey, I am in a similar situation. Can you tell me how you got it fixed?
Hello All, I am looking for some immediate suggestion. I was on study permit with expiry date Sep 30th 2022 as expiry. I applied for my wife SOWP when i was student. I completed studies and got PGWP for 3 years. Wife got SOWP but her passport stamp is valid only for 30th Sep 2022. My question is: Is TRV validity same as SOWP validity? We have a kid back in India who doesn't have any visa. I am in Canada and they are in India. how can we tackle? Can she come to Canada, and at POE, get her SOWP extended and go back? What options do we have?
1/ The expiry date of TRV (passport stamp) has nothing to do as to how long the SOWP would be issued for, it the date she must arrive in Canada by.
2/ Did you apply for a TRV for the child?

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Not yet. For kid, we are thinking to apply study permit. Once VV has been refused. For wife, current trv stamp has expiry of 30th sep 2022 ,which is same as my study permit. But I am on work permit. At airport, will they give sowp expiry date equal to work permit? For kid, anything else we can do at this stage?