+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Restoration of Visa

tuxcess4u

Jul 15, 2013
Hello out there, I am currently in Canada on an Implied Status. My PWP expired in March, I was not able to secure a LMO with my employer and CIC gave me the wrong information regarding with embassy to send my application to. Therefore my PWP expired before I could renew it. I had applied for a Restoration of Visitors to remain in the country but I have not heard back from CIC.

I have being looking for jobs that will give me an LMO and also looking to going back to school.

Question?

1. Can I apply for a student permit will I am waiting for a response on the Restoration of Visitors Visa?
2. If I can, do I apply inside or outside of Canada?
3. Which forms do I have to fill out? I tried using the online application but I am not sure what options to pick when it ask for my status and it says I can not apply because my status has expired.

I am not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you still looking for answer, just wondering as this post was of 16th july?

Cheers!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxcess4u said:
Hello out there, I am currently in Canada on an Implied Status. My PWP expired in March, I was not able to secure a LMO with my employer and CIC gave me the wrong information regarding with embassy to send my application to. Therefore my PWP expired before I could renew it. I had applied for a Restoration of Visitors to remain in the country but I have not heard back from CIC.

I have being looking for jobs that will give me an LMO and also looking to going back to school.

Question?

1. Can I apply for a student permit will I am waiting for a response on the Restoration of Visitors Visa?

No you can't unless you have restoration is processed, fee is 200 CAD and you will need to pay the fee again for your work/study permit.
2. If I can, do I apply inside or outside of Canada?

I assume you are within Canada coz that will be an easy and in fact will have higher chances of restoration.

3. Which forms do I have to fill out? I tried using the online application but I am not sure what options to pick when it ask for my status and it says I can not apply because my status has expired.

I am not sure where to go from here
Thanks
you can follow the link;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp#restoration

you will get the form and all other info required by you. were you initially on study permit then obtained PGWP? what was the duration? did you work anywhere so far? did you have any LMO at all?

Cheers!

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
You're restoring to which status ??
Because PGWP is already expired and you won't get it back or extend it.

1.You have to wait for restoration of status result, then you can apply for study permit.

2. You'll apply for SP inside Canada.

You just need to wait for restoration.
You can't apply for anything. Because you have no status in Canada right now.

Good Luck.

tuxcess4u

Jul 15, 2013
I was initially on a study permit then got a 3 year PWP. But I went back to school on my PWP so I did not have time to use the PWP to work because I was not even in the country. I am currently looking for LMO and also waiting for my restoration to come thru. All things being equal, If I don't get a LMO the other choice is to go back to school which I do not want to because of the cost, time (getting old) and the fact that I will be in the same predicament I am in when I am done school because PWP is a once in a life time opportunity and I can not obtain it again. Thanks

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

Then you just need to wait for the result and start finding LMO.
I can recommend you a Immigration consultant. His work is good.
But he charge around $10,000 for 3 years LMO.'
And obviously the work will pay you around $10-11 per hour.

Good Luck.