+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!regarding status

marce82

Jan 18, 2013
Hello, I hope I could get some guidance on my question: I visited my boyfriend a year ago and got married 6 months ago and submitted PR application in April 2013. I currently possess a multiple entry visa that will expire in 5 years. I have been living with my husband for a year now and extended my visitor permit. For personal reasons, my hubby and I have to to fly to my home country for a couple weeks. When I return and if everything goes well and allowed back into Canada, does this automatically give me legit visitor status for 6 more months or do I still have to submit an extension on my visitor status (current one expires in Dec/13)?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
If you leave the country then re-enter, it should restart your 6 months again.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
marce82 said:
Hello, I hope I could get some guidance on my question: I visited my boyfriend a year ago and got married 6 months ago and submitted PR application in April 2013. I currently possess a multiple entry visa that will expire in 5 years. I have been living with my husband for a year now and extended my visitor permit. For personal reasons, my hubby and I have to to fly to my home country for a couple weeks. When I return and if everything goes well and allowed back into Canada, does this automatically give me legit visitor status for 6 more months or do I still have to submit an extension on my visitor status (current one expires in Dec/13)?
Just in case marce82, you may also want to call the CIC helpline to ask and be sure. You do not want to be "out of status" for any kind of preventable administrative error. You can also ask/confirm when you re-enter Canada. Blessings.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
marce82 said:
Hi, if I were you I would call or inquire before you did this because for the simple reason your visa is expiring in Dec/13. If they say its ok I would follow what they say first. Its very easy to get to Canada but if your documents mention they will expire you certainly cannot stay 6 months. As we are in august and that gives you 5 months not 6. You can always apply for an extension but the thing is its better to be prepared.