+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help regarding my postgraduate work permit

abi22

Jun 14, 2011
Hi everyone,I am in a big situation right now and i need some help from viewers.I graduated from college in BC Canada in Dec 2010 and i was suppose to apply for my postgarduate work permit (within 3 months after graduation).I travelled immediately to africa in dec after the last day of my final exam.I was suppose to return back to canada first week in feb 2011 but couldnt get back cos i was really sick and my doctor said i was not deemed fit to travel back to canada.I got back on May 15th after a concluded assessment and discharge from my doctor.
I applied and sent in my post graduate work permit application on the 28th of may 2011 with a letter from my doctor and also wrote a letter on why i could not apply for my post graduate work permit at the stated time given.
I am really scared and uncertain if this will be granted by the CPC Vegreville in Alberta.My study permit and TRV expires in 2012 and i have already applied for my PR and waiting for medical forms from Buffalo.I already got a job offer in BC.
Pls advise me on my situation amd want to know if the application for the postgraduate work permit will be granted or not.Thanks

rayhan0701

Apr 13, 2011
I think you will not face any problem. In CIC website i read that after graduation you can go back to your home country and few days later apply for PGWP. Check out the CIC website for more details.

abi22

Jun 14, 2011
rayhan0701 said:
I think you will not face any problem. In CIC website i read that after graduation you can go back to your home country and few days later apply for PGWP. Check out the CIC website for more details.

Thanks for ur response.I just want to know if its not too late since its been almost five months that i applied for the postgraduate work permit.Can u help me with the link on the cic website please.thank you