Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
ohcanada! said:
So I just got an invite from OOPNP.

I am confused what to do. Should I wait for an Express Entry draw and save $1500 and 3-months?

Will I be considered for the regular EE draws if I accept this invite?
another forum member had the same concern and I have the same concern too, however this is what I have to say. and as Asivad Anac mentioned, he is right most ppl wold love to exchange places with you at the moment. at the end of the day it's your decision and your's only.
This is taken directly from OOPNP website freq asked questions:

•How many nominations will Ontario issue under Express Entry?
Each year the federal government determines the number of nominations Ontario can issue. In 2015, that number is 5200. Of these, 2700 must be used under Express Entry
Yes, they have put that condition in there saying if we accept then we will not be eligible for federal programs because OONP has clearly mention on their site refer above that the 2700 or so candidates will come out of the EE pool. Your profile cannot be at two different places at one time. Also if you follow the news recently, with all the threats Canada is receiving from ISIS, Canada plans to inceases CSIS budget and it's a no brainer that they implemented this OOPNP with a $1500 non refundable so they can generate enough revenue. (politics is a strategic game)

Well, in any case in my opinion I will go ahead and apply for this program even though it takes longer because as long as a decision is not made and we have submitted the documents, we have a strong and valid reason to renew our PGWP or BOWP in this case once it expires. Refering back to the CIC website for work permit renewal it clearly states that BOWP can be issued if the application has not reached a verdict/pending decision status (not the exact words but something similar). So, this is my personal view. It just buys us more time and to be honest at the moment EE is a big gamble which I don't believe I can take at the moment. Roll Eyes

starsniper_11

Jan 2, 2015
I recreated by EE profile today to be considered for OOPNP. My earlier profile showed I met the criteria for both FSW and CEC.
However, the new profile now says FSW is not met, even though I entered the exact same information on workex.

Similar issue was faced by Dilbert and ohcanada! and was later fixed... Did you guys do anything to fix it... or did FSW changed to 'Met' on its own?

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,Today I re-created my profile and i have received email stating that you should register with job bank. PDF shows express entry profile number and job seeker validation code as blank.

When i try to register on job bank with new email address ,express entry profile number and job seeker validation (last 4 digits of passport),it says you entered invalid express entry profile number or job seeker validation code.

Any clue?

not sure what to do now?

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Guys while recreating profile what to say yes or no.If yes then di we give previous profile no ir new one.

nmurshed

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I have just recreated my EE profile using the same GC key

1. It asked for a UCI number when I give my previous EE number...Do we need to say we applied before in EE ?
Has Niyaz Murshed applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?

I cant go forward without UCI#..so do i put no ?

2. For occupation, do we put our degree date when it ask from when we are authorized to work in our emplyment ?
Date Niyaz Murshed first became qualified to practice in this occupation

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmurshed said:
I have just recreated my EE profile using the same GC key

1. It asked for a UCI number when I give my previous EE number...Do we need to say we applied before in EE ?
Has Niyaz Murshed applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?

I cant go forward without UCI#..so do i put no ?

UCI (Unique Client Identifier) is something you get when you deal with CIC for a temporary/permanent visa requirement. It is not the same as EE profile number which is simply an online profile id. Since you've never had an ITA and withdrawn your profile, I believe you can honestly answer No to that question.

2. For occupation, do we put our degree date when it ask from when we are authorized to work in our emplyment ?
Date Niyaz Murshed first became qualified to practice in this occupation

Yes

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
starsniper_11 said:
I recreated by EE profile today to be considered for OOPNP. My earlier profile showed I met the criteria for both FSW and CEC.
However, the new profile now says FSW is not met, even though I entered the exact same information on workex.

Similar issue was faced by Dilbert and ohcanada! and was later fixed... Did you guys do anything to fix it... or did FSW changed to 'Met' on its own?
Hey,

My issue is still there. it hasn't disappeared. Mine still shows "Not Met" for FSW.