+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help questions about BOWP and PR

HeleneD

Apr 5, 2024
Hello all,

Two weeks ago, I submitted an application for my Permanent Residence. Currently under the Francophone Mobility program, my contract ends on May 31st, but my work permit remains valid until October 16th. Knowing that I will no longer have a job after May 31st, I am considering applying for a transitional open work permit. I have a few questions regarding the BOWP:

1. Is it possible to include my common-law partner in my application for a Bridge Open Work Permit, given that he is also included in the Francophone Mobility and PR applications?
  2. I have received the acknowledgment of receipt for the PR application. Although I meet all the conditions to apply for the BOWP, it is stated that I must have submitted a complete PR application that successfully passed the completeness check stage. What is that?
Regarding the PR application, I have a doubt about a date. I may have mistakenly indicated that we started our common-law union on the day we moved in together (01/05/2022), instead of the actual date, one year later (01/05/2023). Is there a way to verify this information or contact IRCC for clarification? Could this have an impact on our application?

Thank you, cheers!