+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help, PR rejection due to Police Clearance Certificate!!!

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
KelChiAvan said:
This is really interesting! It seems police officer charges different price as there is no fixed price for the pcc! I paid over 15k naira for mine and got it same day! lol... So I really don't think the person suggesting was trying to get his cut! 9k compared to what I paid is way cheaper!
@kelchiAvan, thanks very much for your comment. I was only trying to help out when I gave my suggestion, but was disappointed with myself after other forum mates thought otherwise.
Frankly, it serves a big lesson to me...keepin my mouth shut and just tap into other people's contribution.

Last year when I was in the UK, my friend assistted me to obtain the PCC at the same rate I paid for just on Monday

I'm very relived by your comment !

faith007

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
ibejiopad said:
I would be mindful of the means of sourcing your new PCC and would do anything to ensure I follow the procedures set by CIC/IRCC to avoid another rejection.

@ highty,

Publicizing a shortcut to the PCC procedure on a public domain as this may not help other future applicants from your country.
I believe he was just trying to help. Their is nothing wrong with the post.

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
faith007 said:
I believe he was just trying to help. Their is nothing wrong with the post.
At Faith007, thanks very much for being fair and honest

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
KelChiAvan said:
This is really interesting! It seems police officer charges different price as there is no fixed price for the pcc! I paid over 15k naira for mine and got it same day! lol... So I really don't think the person suggesting was trying to get his cut! 9k compared to what I paid is way cheaper!
You guys seem to have missed my point. CIC has a procedure/process on how to obtain PCC for each country, especially for applicants not residing in the country from which he/she is seeking a criminal check certificate. If those standards are not followed, the OP stands a good chance of being rejected again, especially, if the police officer fraudulently obtain a fake copy.

In view of the above, I still opine that the OP should seek his/her PCC independent of anyone so as to ascertain the genuineness of the certificate he is getting.

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
ibejiopad said:
You guys seem to have missed my point. CIC has a procedure/process on how to obtain PCC for each country, especially for applicants not residing in the country from which he/she is seeking a criminal check certificate. If those standards are not followed, the OP stands a good chance of being rejected again, especially, if the police officer fraudulently obtain a fake copy.

I lived outside Nigeria for 10 years and started getting PCC report from Nigeria since 2007 for security checks, courtesy of my school mate who lives in Lagos. The process has always been the same, nothing added and nothing taken off. I'm not sure you know how to obtain a PCC or even where there office is in Lagos. If you do, you would have being mindful before commenting. I'm utterly delighted that other forum mates left comments relating to this issue

And mind you if you think that all Nigerian are dubious, you are totally wrong !! I

I have learnt a lot through this forum and even made wonderful mates who I haven't seen physicallying, so for once stop being being a doubting Thomas !

In view of the above, I still opine that the OP should seek his/her PCC independent of anyone so as to ascertain the genuineness of the certificate he is getting.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
The guy has not said anything about Nigerians being dubious. Don't make the discussion about what it's not.
He only advised OP to ensure he obtains a PCC through the approved means recommended by CIC (whatever that is) especially since he has been denied once.
I don't see any harm done. I've responded to someone in a similar manner when he asked me about a PCC he got - and he wasn't a Nigerian.
Let's calm down guys...
No harm done :D
BTW highty, I will call you for my PCC when ready :D

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
One_Topsy said:
The guy has not said anything about Nigerians being dubious. Don't make the discussion about what it's not.
He only advised OP to ensure he obtains a PCC through the approved means recommended by CIC (whatever that is) especially since he has been denied once.
I don't see any harm done. I've responded to someone in a similar manner when he asked me about a PCC he got - and he wasn't a Nigerian.
Let's calm down guys...
No harm done :D
BTW highty, I will call you for my PCC when ready :D
@ one -Topsy , I'm quite happy to email you the blank form and also give you the contact number of the police officer that attended to me on monday

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
The trend this thread has taken is quite interesting. ..im nigerian and my take is this...there's lots of corrupt people in every country including nigeria. ..fake documents all over the place. ...there's also nice and honest people everywhere including nigeria. The problem is there's no litmus to differentiate on a forum like this. ...hence the advice to the OP to follow the laid down rules/guidelines on CICs site. That being said. ...there's nothing wrong with trying to help. ..the guy was just saying trust no one on a forum. ..either you use someone you personally know or you follow the laid down guidelines so someone doesn't send you a counterfeit and CIC won't believe you had nothing to do with it. ...

Reactions: shaizeik

Dobas

Nov 13, 2015
Thank you everyone for your input, i really didn't know where to start my new PCC application from, but highty's comment gave me a clue, so i will say thanks bro. And to every other person who contributed, i believe your contribution was to ensure a genuine certificate which is very important and i wouldn't trade anything for that as i won't want a rejection again. I know some people who paid as much as 15k and some paid up to 20k. It is all because we are outside the Country, and in most cases when you don't have folks back home to help you monitor your application the file could be left unattended to, so anyone who is monitoring your file might give you different fees, which makes all our contributions relevant. I have followed the laid down CIC procedures and asked my friend to monitor my application to ensure it isn't left unattended to. Your contributions were all valuable. Thank you and Thank you.... Delay is not denial, Que Sera Sera, Eko o ni ba je!

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
By the way just wondering but na pidgin i wan type this one as to type and speak english tire me...lol! Anyone know whether Nija thread dei here??? If yes we fit all meet there and yarn beta. Goodluck everyone! ;D

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Dobas said:
Hello all, i applied for PR through express entry and today i got a mail that my application was refused because my Police Clearance certificate from my home Country is expired. what can i do? i think CIC should have asked me to provide a new one and not reject my application, i am currently in Canada, please what do i do, i meet every requirement for experience class.
I am in Nigeria since 2009. I collected PCC here on July 04, 2015 to apply for SINP. The PCC clearly mentioned that this certificate's validity is only for 3 months. For this reason, I collected again new PCC here on October to submit my eAPR.

I think 3 months validity made the problem.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
duckirha said:
I am in Nigeria since 2009. I collected PCC here on July 04, 2015 to apply for SINP. The PCC clearly mentioned that this certificate's validity is only for 3 months. For this reason, I collected again new PCC here on October to submit my eAPR.

I think 3 months validity made the problem.
Lols, you didn't want to take any chances at all. I reckon CIC consider PCC valid for 6 months, irrespective of the validity on the actual certificate.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
So a quick question regarding all this. What if I have a PCC from a country AFTER I left. Then I go visit again for a 2 weeks vacation, do I need a PCC again?? or is the older one valid?

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
nuksyed said:
So a quick question regarding all this. What if I have a PCC from a country AFTER I left. Then I go visit again for a 2 weeks vacation, do I need a PCC again?? or is the older one valid?
I reckon 6 months validity still applies.

However, I personally wouldn't gamble with any PCC over 3 months old.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I got PCC in my post from this website, even tho expensive but I didn't have to use anyone in Nigeria. By the way I have PPR already so it was accepted by CIC.
http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm

Also, there was a Nigeria thread till about 3 months ago , it just went silent as nobody was posting anything there, link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-express-entry-2015-let-us-connect-here-t267824.90.html