+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ! GAVE WRONG INFO TO IMMIGRATION!

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
fandv said:
Hang on a sec....

So:

1. You're a Canadian citizen (or PR?)
2. You went to another country to marry your spouse

Then you went back to Canada, and upon arrival in Canada, the immigration officer somehow opened your luggage, and saw your marriage documents, and immediately ACCUSED you of a fake marriage??!?!!?!?!? That's really, really, REALLLLLYYYYY bizarre....why would the officer accuse you of such a thing just because you got married abroad?? I don't believe an AIRPORT immigration officer has the right to decide whether a marriage was fake...?! I think you'd have to submit a sponsorship application first.....get yourself approved to sponsor, and have your husband's application transferred to whichever visa office is responsible for processing applications from his country, and then the VO will eventually assess all your relationship proofs, his medical results, criminal history, bla bla bla....that's the formal route (and it doesn't even work perfectly, because there are people who got refused, despite their genuine marriage).

So weird..... =(. You told us the whole story, right?
They kept asking because I married him in my first visit...

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
Zarilenth said:
It's possible that she had the documents in her carry on luggage and they were doing random checks...? I can't see why they would question her getting married abroad if she was coming back into Canada - seems very weird to be honest. Not sure why they would 'review the documents', that's not really in their job description.
Why make up the part about his brother paying her ticket, though? Why would his brother pay her to marry this guy? I wonder if the marriage actually IS fake and they somehow found out and now she's trying to fix it.
Sorry.. I'm just sceptical.
I married him in my first visit.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Steph18 said:
Yeah, that is a red flag. I'm not sure how you can convince CIC that you were just speaking out of frustration. It will be tough.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Ok, I got engaged abroad, I got married abroad, and these never came up when re-entering Canada . . . I'm dying to ask "How does this EVER come up in your conversation with the CBSA Officer?" All I ever said was "I was visiting friends." They don't need my personal life story.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
truesmile said:
Ok, I got engaged abroad, I got married abroad, and these never came up when re-entering Canada . . . I'm dying to ask "How does this EVER come up in your conversation with the CBSA Officer?" All I ever said was "I was visiting friends." They don't need my personal life story.
When border officials ask question, they say that the actual response is half of what they are analyzing. The other half is how the response is given. If you appear edgy, nervous or unsure, they get suspicious. Given the fact that the OP was emotional because she was going through a hard time with her husband, they may have picked up on it.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
keesio said:
When border officials ask question, they say that the actual response is half of what they are analyzing. The other half is how the response is given. If you appear edgy, nervous or unsure, they get suspicious. Given the fact that the OP was emotional because she was going through a hard time with her husband, they may have picked up on it.
Haha, well that sucks. I'm always nervous when I talk to immigration officers even though I haven't done anything wrong. And knowing they pick up on that makes me more nervous, lol.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Zarilenth said:
Haha, well that sucks. I'm always nervous when I talk to immigration officers even though I haven't done anything wrong. And knowing they pick up on that makes me more nervous, lol.
That is normal. Talking to authority makes many people nervous. Officials are aware of this too. It is when you start to draw a blank on questions or contradict yourself that they get really suspicious.

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
truesmile said:
I said I was visiting my husband, and from there, they kept asking more and more, I kept my true story, but they kept me there for almost 6 hours and out of frustration, rage with my husband I made up the story of the money, after that they let me know go... I was going to divorce him. But now a few months have passed and we are fine, we are happy...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well, as you have already confirmed, your life isn't over and you can go to live with him instead. It's quite possible that this will be your only option initially. Once you have demonstrated to CIC that the relationship is indeed genuine and ongoing, you can both try to relocate back to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Steph18 said:
I said I was visiting my husband, and from there, they kept asking more and more, I kept my true story, but they kept me there for almost 6 hours and out of frustration, rage with my husband I made up the story of the money, after that they let me know go... I was going to divorce him. But now a few months have passed and we are fine, we are happy...
CBSA doesn't hold Canadian citizens or PRs for 6 hours to question them about their marriage. Like others said above, I suspect there is much more to your story. If I were to hazard a guess, it probably involved suspicion of drugs.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
I think you are lying.
Before I married my wife someone told me I had to tell the officials upon crossing the border to Canada that I got married. So when I was coming back to Canada I was actually let through without speaking to anyone, but I came up to them anyway and told them I just married and plan to sponsor my wife. The guy just looked at me like I am some kind of an idiot and said no, nobody cares that I got married etc.
And here they held you for 6 hours questioning about your marriage.
You are definitely not telling us everything. And why would you say something so stupid that you married for money is beyond me.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Steph18 said:
Just wondering, what country is your husband from?

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
zardoz said:
Well, as you have already confirmed, your life isn't over and you can go to live with him instead. It's quite possible that this will be your only option initially. Once you have demonstrated to CIC that the relationship is indeed genuine and ongoing, you can both try to relocate back to Canada.
Thats right! We have already spoke about it and if I can't sponsor him, I'll go live in his home country :)
Thanks!

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
CBSA doesn't hold Canadian citizens or PRs for 6 hours to question them about their marriage. Like others said above, I suspect there is much more to your story. If I were to hazard a guess, it probably involved suspicion of drugs.
I don't know what involved their suspicious at first, I do know all their questions were only related to my marriage. Well I gave the basic points or you want me to give you all details day by day about our year dating relationship and a few months of marriage?!?!