Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Japan said:
Hi

This is a very useful forum. Thanks to all that contribute.

A question about Canadian passport holder living overseas while sponsoring wife in Canada.

Similar situation here.
Canadian passport holder living overseas.
Married 18 years ago. Daughter born in Canada 16 years ago. Has a Canadian passport.
Wife has moved back with high school daughter due to school requirements. Currently has a 6 months visitor visa which we will extend.
They live in a house we own in Canada. I am currently supporting them working overseas until visa has gone through or possibility of work in Canada develops.

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Therefore based on above would I would like to apply from in Canada class so she can get a work visa earlier.
however If you do not live in Canada, DO NOT use this form. Very confusing.

what class can I apply outland or inland and what forms.

thanks in advance.
tdrow.
Since you are not living in Canada currently you must file an outland application. Your wife will be eligible to work once she has gotten her PR Visa.

Japan

Oct 5, 2014
Thanks. As my work situation is in flux I could be back in Canada in the next 3-6 months. Would I be able to change that to an inland application?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Japan said:
Thanks. As my work situation is in flux I could be back in Canada in the next 3-6 months. Would I be able to change that to an inland application?
Once your application is filed, you won't be able to change it to Inland. I'm not sure you would want to anyway because Stage I is currently at 13 months and rising. You have to get through Stage I to get a work permit on an INLAND application. With wait times like that, you could keep the outland file and your wife would probably land well before the INLAND got rolling.

Japan

Oct 5, 2014
Once your application is filed, you won't be able to change it to Inland. I'm not sure you would want to anyway because Stage I is currently at 13 months and rising. You have to get through Stage I to get a work permit on an INLAND application. With wait times like that, you could keep the outland file and your wife would probably land well before the INLAND got rolling.

Japan processing through Manila is a total of 17 months. 2 for sponsor and 15 for application. My understanding is no work visa's until after completion of the entire application process.
With an outland application that means my wife could not work for 17 months versus 13 months if done inland in the current situation.

M

mikeymyke

That's not true, because the processing times reflect how long it takes to finish 80% of applications, its not the average processing time for your application. In all honesty, if your application is good with minimal red flags, you could probably get PR in 5-7 months.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Japan said:

Japan processing through Manila is a total of 17 months. 2 for sponsor and 15 for application. My understanding is no work visa's until after completion of the entire application process.
With an outland application that means my wife could not work for 17 months versus 13 months if done inland in the current situation.
Those times are based on 80% of the applications being fully processed in that time frame. Do not base your options on that. If you want to see how fast applicants from Manila are actually landing, check the Manila thread on this board here. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-family-class-timeline-manila-visa-office-philippines-t40680.0.html Never base your filing decision on the posted application times. Get a better idea of what is REALLY going on from the threads here.

Japan

Oct 5, 2014
Japan said:
Thanks very much!
Thanks in advance again! I will wade through the documentation again but for my wife's address living in Japan but visiting in Canada?
My daughters there but she is on a visitor visa and still is domiciled officially in Japan.

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
saamaj said:
Hi everyone,
Im a permanent resident sponsoring my husband, we filed our application Jan,30,2013....but I didn't know that permanent residence aren't allowed to reside outside Canada while sponsoring, I have been living in Germany since we filed the application.. I have received the sponsor approval already, but im afraid they will refuse the application now..
does anybody know what I should do, or has anybody been in the same situation, would be glad for any help! :)
my husband is a canadian citizen and he also was approved as a sponsor. we were refused as he was staying here with me for about 8 months and we won the appeal. you have to go back to canada and work harder and follow the minimum necessary income table. you can stay about 2 weeks out side canada while the sponsorship processing

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Japan said:
Hi

This is a very useful forum. Thanks to all that contribute.

A question about Canadian passport holder living overseas while sponsoring wife in Canada.

Similar situation here.
Canadian passport holder living overseas.
Married 18 years ago. Daughter born in Canada 16 years ago. Has a Canadian passport.
Wife has moved back with high school daughter due to school requirements. Currently has a 6 months visitor visa which we will extend.
They live in a house we own in Canada. I am currently supporting them working overseas until visa has gone through or possibility of work in Canada develops.

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Therefore based on above would I would like to apply from in Canada class so she can get a work visa earlier.
however If you do not live in Canada, DO NOT use this form. Very confusing.

what class can I apply outland or inland and what forms.

thanks in advance.
tdrow.
From the information you have provided, you are not eligible to sponsor with an INLAND application as you and your spouse are not cohabiting inside Canada. You can however probably use the OUTLAND application path, even if it's not normally used this way round, with the sponsor outside and the principal applicant inside Canada. You will have to prove that you will return to reside in Canada after PR status is granted.

Japan

Oct 5, 2014
zardoz said:
From the information you have provided, you are not eligible to sponsor with an INLAND application as you and your spouse are not cohabiting inside Canada. You can however probably use the OUTLAND application path, even if it's not normally used this way round, with the sponsor outside and the principal applicant inside Canada. You will have to prove that you will return to reside in Canada after PR status is granted.
Thanks. with the increased speed of an Outland application as pointed out previously this seems to be the best option. We own a house in Canada that we share with my mom and my daughter has already enrolled in school so it would not be easy to document intent to return to Canada.
Thanks again.