+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed

Romirt

Oct 31, 2012
I have a question for my brother who is a Canadian citizen and his wife applied to citizenship last year ,completed her test when she got an rq in may this year . She is over 1095 witha strong case .....and has already responded to her rq.....

All,
Here is the question , please share ur thoughts ....my brother works for a US company who are about to file for his GC under some category where he expects to get it in 4months....the question then is can he apply for gc for his wife who is still in canada with us.....we know she can go and live him as a dependent in US without effecting her citizenship app as my Brother is Canadian and if she goes he will be a dependent.....but can she also get her GC through him without sacrificing Canadian citizenship.....since even if she gets her gc she it is out of 4 year consideration period and will keep her pr status all this while...
She has completed and passed her test and has submitted the RQ about 5 months back and has about 1110 days after reconciling all the reports from CBSA , stamps etc

Thanks for your opinion...and sorry for a long question...