+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed regarding some CEC forms~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy12345

May 10, 2014
I have some questions about CEC forms

1) IMM0008, under personal details, Q10 Current country of residence
I applied post-graduation work permit few years ago and extended last year. Under the duration (From), should I fill the time on my old work permit or the new one?

2) In the check list, #8, the office want me to provide my passports
Should I make a copy of the first and last page of my passport, or should I copy all the pages which have stamp?

3) I am living in Canada two years now and never go back to my home country. Do I need to apply a Canadian police certification for the CEC application?

4) Can I switch between different immigration programs? For example, if I applied CEC, can I switch to Canadian Nomination Program? If I can, how can I do that?

Thanks for all the helps.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
I applied post-graduation work permit few years ago and extended last year. Under the duration (From), should I fill the time on my old work permit or the new one?

Canada, from the time you landed in Canada till to date. It seems it is 2 years so put that.

Should I make a copy of the first and last page of my passport, or should I copy all the pages which have stamp?

depending on your passport, the first, second and every page that has a stamp for Canada (copy every important page)

3) I am living in Canada two years now and never go back to my home country. Do I need to apply a Canadian police certification for the CEC application?

You lived in Canada less than 2 years.. therefore you need to send a Police check for sure but be prepared to also send one from your home country( you will be asked to)

4) Can I switch between different immigration programs? For example, if I applied CEC, can I switch to Canadian Nomination Program? If I can, how can I do that?

If you want to switch then you got to email/post to let them know that you want to retract your application. You got to start all over of course.
I have seen people sending to Both and retracting whichever is later.

good luck
Do some search on this forum.
You will find all the information that you are looking for.

Regards,

Anil

Ivy12345

May 10, 2014
AnilGurung said:

Canada, from the time you landed in Canada till to date. It seems it is 2 years so put that.

depending on your passport, the first, second and every page that has a stamp for Canada (copy every important page)

You lived in Canada less than 2 years.. therefore you need to send a Police check for sure but be prepared to also send one from your home country( you will be asked to)

If you want to switch then you got to email/post to let them know that you want to retract your application. You got to start all over of course.
I have seen people sending to Both and retracting whichever is later.

good luck
Do some search on this forum.
You will find all the information that you are looking for.

Regards,

Anil

Thank you for your reply

For the Canadian police certification, If I lived in Canada for more than two years, do I still need a Canadian police certification?

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
You need a Police Certificate form any country OTHER than Canada, where you have lived for 6 months or more.

It is stated clearly on the instructions, follow the guide that is on CIC website

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
evanstp9 said:
You need a Police Certificate form any country OTHER than Canada, where you have lived for 6 months or more.

It is stated clearly on the instructions, follow the guide that is on CIC website
Second that.