+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed, original police certificate sent but CIC did not accept that

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Dear friends :),

CPC-Ottawa requested the original police clearance certificate from China for our CEC application recently. Beijing police station gave us it. It was half of an A4 paper with a table showing his name, DOB, gender and town where he was born. The info was manually written into the form and the other half of the paper was kept by Chinese police for their record. Then his mum got a local translation company to translate the Chinese into English. The translation does not have a company letterhead but they types the information of the translation company. The translation document including one photocopy of the original certificate and the translation, both of them have a joint seal to proof that they are a match. We send the original document, the photocopied document together with the translation to CPC-Ottawa. These 3 pages are separate and does not have staples, etc.

Today I got an email from CPC-Ottawa saying:
" ...Unfortunately the document you sent cannot be accepted at this office.

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:
..."

I have no idea what is going wrong with the document. I am sure it is the official format of the station where his is registered, though not good-looking enough... I have sent an email to CPC-Ottawa by the email address cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca. So far I haven't got an automatic response yet.

Please give me some suggestions on this since it is really difficult to get a police clearance certificate without his going back to Beijing and there is 95% he will get the same certificate. :-[Also I only have 60 days to submit the "original" certificate again. Anyone have idea or previous experience with this? Thanks a lot!

CC

gnskznc

Sep 1, 2014
Hi

You can get your clearance letter from the Chinese embassy in toronto. you dont have to go to China to do this. I got my own letter from the embassy too.

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Hello gnskznc,

Thanks for your information. Do I only need a passport or passport and Chinese national ID?

I will check that. Thanks again,
CC
gnskznc said:
Hi

You can get your clearance letter from the Chinese embassy in toronto. you dont have to go to China to do this. I got my own letter from the embassy too.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ccmaomao said:
Dear friends :),

CPC-Ottawa requested the original police clearance certificate from China for our CEC application recently. Beijing police station gave us it. It was half of an A4 paper with a table showing his name, DOB, gender and town where he was born. The info was manually written into the form and the other half of the paper was kept by Chinese police for their record. Then his mum got a local translation company to translate the Chinese into English. The translation does not have a company letterhead but they types the information of the translation company. The translation document including one photocopy of the original certificate and the translation, both of them have a joint seal to proof that they are a match. We send the original document, the photocopied document together with the translation to CPC-Ottawa. These 3 pages are separate and does not have staples, etc.

Today I got an email from CPC-Ottawa saying:
" ...Unfortunately the document you sent cannot be accepted at this office.

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:
..."

I have no idea what is going wrong with the document. I am sure it is the official format of the station where his is registered, though not good-looking enough... I have sent an email to CPC-Ottawa by the email address cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca. So far I haven't got an automatic response yet.

Please give me some suggestions on this since it is really difficult to get a police clearance certificate without his going back to Beijing and there is 95% he will get the same certificate. :-[Also I only have 60 days to submit the "original" certificate again. Anyone have idea or previous experience with this? Thanks a lot!

CC
Probably you take the copy of Police Certificate to your Embassy for endorsing & certifying its authentic. Once your embassy certify, stamp with their office seal that will be accepted by local authorities.

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Thanks Canadiandesi2006! I will try my embassy.
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably you take the copy of Police Certificate to your Embassy for endorsing & certifying its authentic. Once your embassy certify, stamp with their office seal that will be accepted by local authorities.