13-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
Med's Request
11-03-2011
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
Hello,

Can someone kindly give me the infomation regarding getting photocopies certified in Doha & Oman PCC? Thank you so much~~~ :)

My husband is now working on his part of the documents in Doha, but he's having trouble finding a proper notary office to certify photocopies of his certificates and all. He went to one agency, but seems they think he wants to do authenticity attestation, which is very troublesome n expensive, rather than a simple photocopy certification.....

Is there any notary public/magistrate he can go to? Or does he have to go to the embassy to do this? So I read in another website. The embassy is just too much crowded and busy. :(

Also Regarding the Oman PCC, I just want to make sure that the process would b the same as what CIC has instructed:

If you are sending your request by mail, please provide:

a letter indicating your name and mailing address;
two photographs (4x4 cm) with a blue background; and
a copy of your passport, including the pages containing previous residence stamps for the period you stayed in Oman;
a transfer of funds for $12.00 US or its equivalent to the Directorate General of Inquiries and Criminal investigations account number 3106-453888-500, Oman Arab Bank, Qurum Branch;and
confirmation of the deposit.

I'm asking this becoz Qatar PCC requires also finger printing, which is not listed on CIC website. My husband called to enquire, but they can't speak English...... :eek: Also want to know whehter a bank draft is accepted when paying the $12.00....

If someone has experience on these 2 matter, plz give me some help~

Thanks a lot~~

siah

Feb 25, 2011
Beijing
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
Med's Request
11-03-2011
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
Anyone can help plzz?

cyras

Jul 2, 2010
There are Canadian Commissionars of Oath in Kuwait, UAE, Dubai and Saudi Arabia who have authority to attest the copies any where in the world after looking to the originals. Getting attested by them will also cost you very cheap or maybe free. However, I don't think it will be convient to you. If indeed you consider them than I will send you their list along with their contacts.
As it sounds, you are an immigrant in Doha. Try to send your copies back home by courier and get them attested from there. There are quite a few professionals all over the world whose attestation the CIC accepts, for instance, doctors, accountants, teachers, lawyers, notary public, and oath commissionaries. You must take a look to their (CIC'c) list and and find out that how many more professional are there beyound the few I have mentioned.
That being said, if you know any one of these professonals here in Doha, they will gladaly to do it for you, and their attestion will be accepted by CIC.

siah

Feb 25, 2011
Beijing
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
Med's Request
11-03-2011
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
Thank you cyras. I will look to the list. it's helpful :)