+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed in filling EE (Intended work in canada) Section

rimferoz

Apr 4, 2015
Can anyone be able to tell me if I am filling EE (Intended work in canada) section or correct?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I have been working here)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help
No

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Does the job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
No (because it does not stated it there).

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
There is no option for selecting "NO" (In this case I am selecting the 2172 Noc code)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rimferoz said:
Can anyone be able to tell me if I am filling EE (Intended work in canada) section or correct?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I have been working here)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help
No

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Does the job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
No (because it does not stated it there).

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
There is no option for selecting "NO" (In this case I am selecting the 2172 Noc code)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No
1. You assume wrong, the answer is NO as you don't have a LMIA supported job offer nor is your job supported by a LMO.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:

the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

jackmanalang

Apr 2, 2015
Hi, im confused on my situation. Please help me!
I am currently working here in Canada under a low skilled supported by LMIA. I have 5 yr work experience back home under skill A and i have a job offer under skill B. Which program am i qualify? FSWP?

alex687

May 19, 2015
Hello,

I got an ITA recently and at that time I was working on an open work permit. I put a yes with a valid job offer in my EE profile. I saw my points and they did not include any points for arranged employment. I want to submit my profile but I came to know that the offer of employment does only applies to LMIA based employees. My question is should I update my form with a NO option, since I didn't got any points for arranged employment. OR Should I select the same option set which I used to fill up my express entry profile.

I selected I didn't have a valid LMIA option which didn't gave me any points.

Kindly need your guidance on it.

Thank you

alex687

May 19, 2015
Hello,

I got an ITA recently and at that time I was working on an open work permit. I put a yes with a valid job offer in my EE profile. I saw my points and they did not include any points for arranged employment. I want to submit my profile but I came to know that the offer of employment does only applies to LMIA based employees. My question is should I update my form with a NO option, since I didn't got any points for arranged employment. OR Should I select the same option set which I used to fill up my express entry profile.

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex687 said:
Hello,

Thank you
If you answer Yes, the system will needless prompt you for additional documents assuming that you have an LMIA supported job offer even though you clearly don't have 600 additional points.

Change it to No to avoid that hassle. No harm in changing it to No and no explanation required either because your ITA wasn't contingent on you getting 600 additional points.

salvatorexiang

Jun 14, 2017
Hello, rimferoz, just wondering how did you fill the question at the end ? I have similar case here.

I got ETA already, I am not awarded with job offer points (50 or 200). I currently do have a NOC A job in Canada, but I don't have a valid job offer (not LIMO supported). What should I answer for the question "Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?" in "Intended work in Canada" section ? I believe the job offer here doesn't mean the offer letter sent my employer at the time I was hired. It should means the arranged employment (valid job offer with LIMO). Am I right ?

Thanks,
Daniel

leilap

Apr 4, 2018
I am in the same boat, this section is pretty confusing.

@salvatorexiang @alex687 @rimferox What did you guys do? Did you select "No" for the job offer?
I'm in the same position. I selected yes on EE profile but did not get points for it. I was still given an ITA. I think the correct thing to do is select "No" and then offer a letter of explanation stating why you changed your response.

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
For those who are applying to get points for CEC based on PGWP, Job offer with no LIMA, what should be the answer for this question?

Do you have a job offer in canada? Yes or No

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
For those who are applying to get points for CEC based on PGWP, Job offer with no LIMA, what should be the answer for this question?

Do you have a job offer in canada? Yes or No
It doesn't matter. If your employer is willing to produce one you have a job offer yes, but with no LMIA and no closed work permit (that specifies your employer) it's not a valid job offer, so you won't be given any additional points.

This group of questions is mainly designed for them to figure out whether people have a valid job offer or not, as the rules for it are complicated, so outright asking "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada" likely would result in a lot of incorrect responses

Reactions: adham88

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
It doesn't matter. If your employer is willing to produce one you have a job offer yes, but with no LMIA and no closed work permit (that specifies your employer) it's not a valid job offer, so you won't be given any additional points.
Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I guess this question is for people who have LIMA so they can get points for that, mainly arranged employment through FSW? I am guessing here I could not find firm answer on IRCC website, if there is any please share it with me.

Thank you for your help.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I guess this question is for people who have LIMA so they can get points for that, mainly arranged employment through FSW? I am guessing here I could not find firm answer on IRCC website, if there is any please share it with me.

Thank you for your help.
It's for people who either have an LMIA, or have a closed work permit and have been working for their employer for at least 1 continuous year in a NOC 0, A or B job. A valid job offer will give them an extra 50pts.

I for one have no LMIA, but had about 14 months of work experience for my employer at time of my ITA.

Reactions: adham88

adham88

Aug 19, 2018