+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed (AOR still not received - 5 months)

momink

Jun 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

My application for PR under the Canadian Experience Class was received on the 10th of March 2014. However, to date I have not received my AOR.

I have confirmed with my bank and my bank draft was en-chashed in April. I can log in to CIC Status Portal using my Client ID (from my Work Permit). The status on the portal is 'Application Received' on 10th March 2014. I have tried reaching out to CIC but have not heard back on anything yet.

Can anyone suggest the reasoning for this? Or has anyone else not received their AOR for almost 5 months?

Appreciate your help.

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
check your email inbox, and spam folders

momink

Jun 2, 2014
I did, but nothing there. But there is always a chance that I missed it in my junk box and it got erased. However, I have not received any mail from CIC pertaining to my application yet.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
It may be lost or missed. Why do you need AOR? Since you are able to check your status on ECAS, your application reached at the right location. if you need it to apply for the BOWP, you can apply without AOR but with explanation letter, VO should be able to confirm your status in their system.

Or you can ask your visa office or CIO to send you the confirmation that your file is received and under process.

Hope this would help.

momink

Jun 2, 2014
Does being able to login to the ECAS using Client ID mean that the AOR was issued and the documents are complete?

No I do not need to apply for BOWP as of yet.

Lastly, I have tried reaching out to CIO regarding the application status, but have not heard back from them.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
momink said:
Does being able to login to the ECAS using Client ID mean that the AOR was issued and the documents are complete? Yes If you are able to login ECAS their are 100% chances you missed AOR mail , any way seeing ECAS status does not mean your documents are complete (if any thing missing or more info required CIC will ask for that), but surly it means your application is received

No I do not need to apply for BOWP as of yet.

Lastly, I have tried reaching out to CIO regarding the application status, but have not heard back from them.
See my reply in blue ,
Hope thIs will help
Thanks

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
You can't access your ECAS until you receive AOR. Which means you likely missed the email.
make sure you don't miss other emails from them though, check your junk mail regularly.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Yes If you are able to login ECAS their are 100% chances you missed AOR mail , any way seeing ECAS status does not mean your documents are complete (if any thing missing or more info required CIC will ask for that), but surly it means your application is received
An AOR does mean your application package is "considered complete" - i.e. it meets the requirements for an application package, and they are able to start processing the application. See OP 25a, section 8.1 "Completeness check upon receipt" for what these requirements are. Basically, that you submitted the required forms and they are filled in and signed, you have claimed enough work experience, your language test results are good enough, and you have paid your application fees.

But yes, it is quite possible for them to request further documents later on, especially things like police certificates that may not have been submitted with the application.

xhh

Mar 11, 2014
momink said:
Hi everyone,

My application for PR under the Canadian Experience Class was received on the 10th of March 2014. However, to date I have not received my AOR.

I have confirmed with my bank and my bank draft was en-chashed in April. I can log in to CIC Status Portal using my Client ID (from my Work Permit). The status on the portal is 'Application Received' on 10th March 2014. I have tried reaching out to CIC but have not heard back on anything yet.

Can anyone suggest the reasoning for this? Or has anyone else not received their AOR for almost 5 months?

Appreciate your help.
maybe my experience will give u some help,I can check my statue online in early March,but I did not get my aor until June,because the office made misstake on payment process.After several weeks,i got a mail regard the payment issue,they said that the extra money would return to my accout or cheque. At the end of mail they metioned the app will put back in the time they received.
hope the info will help u.

btw,before i got the official aor,i emailed for informations, the cic also replied me by person(the customer service officer),and they gave me fi le number.

So,you do not need to worried about that,if u can check ur statues online

momink

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

I still have not heard back from CIC. I did try reaching out to them via email but have not heard anything back. What else can I do at this point?

Thank you

mihais2u

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Nov 07, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 13, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 07, 2015
LANDED..........
May 16, 2015
Quick question: did you apply by yourself or you used a consultant/lawyer?

If you used a third party to fill your application than maybe you should check with them if they received you AOR

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
momink said:
Hi,

I still have not heard back from CIC. I did try reaching out to them via email but have not heard anything back. What else can I do at this point?

Thank you
is there any phone to them ?