+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ! Need some direction... Applied outland - now sponsor (cad citizen) back in Canada to work

NixSupernova

Aug 6, 2023
Hello everyone!

My husband and I applied Feb 8 outland we were both living in Argentina, waited as long as we could. I applied as a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada, as I had been travelling with him for the year. Money dwindled so I had to return to work in Canada.

We have Sponsor approval and Biometrics completed. Background check in process, our application was sent to Mexico office.

As soon as we bought the ticket We sent a webform informing them of my return back to Canada including flights information. We have had no updates since may 6 that they received this information.

Now that I am back in Canada I need to update my (sponsor) information. Phone, address (and kick them in the butt like hey! we are separated now can we please hurry this up :p )

I cannot for the life of me figure out the right way to do this, I have tried calling all week since my return with no luck. The webforms seem to only be for the PR. I am scared to do it wrong...

Has anyone been through this and what/ how have you moved forward?

He also now has several job offers for work here In Canada, can I use this somehow? What would be the best way?

I would apply for TRV however I don't think my husband has enough home ties (only health insurance, and a letter from his parents stating he lives with them.. He is starting work again this week so maybe something can come from that eventually.) plus we don't have a lot of money in the bank ( I will in September however be receiving a substantial inheritance)

UGH. So many people in our group chat are getting their PPR already after only 5 months. I know Mexico office is slow, but I am hoping that now that I am back in Canada and we are separated- that something can be done to hurry this up.

Please, any advice appreciated. I really miss him!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You do a change of address via webform:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html

Submitting information that you bought a ticket gave them zero information that they are going to act upon (I mean, they might put a note to file, but it's meaningless). Change of address that you are back, have already arrived in Canada does.

You can do this and then wait a few weeks before calling. You could call before if you want to waste your time. I doubt you would get much info at either time.

TRV: the only solid figures that we are sure apply also to your husband's case is this, 100% of those who do not apply for one do not get TRVs. Apply for one and see, chances are better than zero esp now that AOR medical and bio done.

You can and I believe should also apply for gcms notes, a few weeks after the change of address too.

Reactions: NixSupernova

NixSupernova

Aug 6, 2023
Thank you

I forgot to mention

He also now has several job offers for work here In Canada, can I use this somehow?

And what is gcms notes?/?

Thanks!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html

Submitting information that you bought a ticket gave them zero information that they are going to act upon (I mean, they might put a note to file, but it's meaningless). Change of address that you are back, have already arrived in Canada does.

You can do this and then wait a few weeks before calling. You could call before if you want to waste your time. I doubt you would get much info at either time.

TRV: the only solid figures that we are sure apply also to your husband's case is this, 100% of those who do not apply for one do not get TRVs. Apply for one and see, chances are better than zero esp now that AOR medical and bio done.

You can and I believe should also apply for gcms notes, a few weeks after the change of address too.

Last edited:

NixSupernova

Aug 6, 2023
When I get here is when I get confused on how to proceed

scared to make a mistake

Who are you? (required)
I'm the principal applicant
I'm a representative
I'm writing on behalf of the principal applicant

o_O

NixSupernova

Aug 6, 2023
When I go to change my address and phone number, It feels like I am changing the address of the PA, not mine.. It is very confusing??

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
we did the same, applied outland I got a job offer in Canada and we moved after my husband got AOR.
I changed my address using the webform you are using but you have to make it clear in the notes on the webform that it is for SPONSOR ONLY. then check the sponsor tracker a few weeks later and it should be updated. The only thing this will change is you wouldnt need to provide proof of intent that you are coming back to Canada.

no - nothing speeds up the process for the PA. if he gets TRV then he can come to canada and apply for OWP once his address is changed and he has AOR but we did that late April and we have heard nothing from that application.
husband has done BIL and MIL in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When I get here is when I get confused on how to proceed

scared to make a mistake

Who are you? (required)
I'm the principal applicant
I'm a representative
I'm writing on behalf of the principal applicant

o_O
You'll have to improvise. I'd go through this form instead even though it's general:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

But you could do something else and get the same result, most likely.

I'm assuming you've received the email saying which office your file is being processed in, presumably Buenos Aires. Just go freeform through that and emphasize SPONSOR has returned to Canada, here is address and some evidence of that.

-Your spouse getting job offers: not formally relevant until he's at least applied for a TRV so he can get a work visa (after arriving). But if you want to mention it, sure.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And what is gcms notes?/?
GCMS notes is the access to information extract of your file's info. It has a lot of boilerplate basic info, but also a few tiny bits where it can matter. It can give some advance insight into whether there are any flags in your file. Takes about 30 days. Not generally useful, but in the cases where it is, well, it is useful.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html