Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
and also u may read this. its 4 business visitor. mite hold true for other types of visa too

Do I have to submit my passport with my application for a temporary resident visa?
Yes. However, the visa office where you apply may have certain instructions on how and where to submit your passport and how to get your visa. Please consult the website of the visa office where you are applying. If you will need your passport for other travel while your application is being processed, inform the visa office and they will let you know what to do.

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/busvisit-faq12.asp

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antra_chd said:
and i think u r referring abt this

WARNING:
IF YOU REQUIRE YOUR PASSPORT WITHIN THE PROCESSING TIMES POSTED ABOVE, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RELEASE YOUR PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS.

did u read "WITHIN" and i have already surpassed the so called "processing time"
yes now you are on right track !

even I am wondering what CHC Chandigarh mean by "NOT ABLE TO RELEASE PP IMMEDIATELY".

*don't waste time and decide what do you prefer to have !

1. Student Visa , if yes then keep waiting !

2. PASSPORT, if thats your choice then must apply at Vfs as soon as possible ! Though, I dont want to be so negative, even I had no such experience in the past but still I feel you may not get passport "so early". (I may be wrong)

Good luck !

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
Well i am planning to visit embassy tomorrow. n let me find out what they have to say abt this. will they process my case in a week.

2 After calling VFS, i got the following mail

if you wish to withdrawal your application after
submission of your application you may withdrawal your application.

Further to inform you that after withdrawal your application minimum
processing time is of 2 working days, however time period can be
extendable depending Consulate General of Canada.

Dont wanna take risk. will give application on monday for withdrawl at VFS chandigarh . giving them 5 working days as dont wanna push this till final moment. VFS guys asked me 2 working days and i m giving them 5 :(

i wanted to apply from india so that it can show my home ties. but guess i have to apply again from US

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antra_chd said:
Well i am planning to visit embassy tomorrow. n let me find out what they have to say abt this. will they process my case in a week.

2 After calling VFS, i got the following mail

if you wish to withdrawal your application after
submission of your application you may withdrawal your application.

Further to inform you that after withdrawal your application minimum
processing time is of 2 working days, however time period can be
extendable depending Consulate General of Canada.

Dont wanna take risk. will give application on monday for withdrawl at VFS chandigarh . giving them 5 working days as dont wanna push this till final moment. VFS guys asked me 2 working days and i m giving them 5 :(

i wanted to apply from india so that it can show my home ties. but guess i have to apply again from US
yes, exactly !

1. Visit as quick as possible to CHC Chandigarh along with your tickets and stick to one point,

"No if, No but, No what else, No when ! Just return my Passport"

you may got some problem with security guard ! Just make some fake story, like you have an appointment but misplaced the letter of appointment. For general public without appointment, they simply ask to fill a form, which is useless.

2. I am surprised that why you didnt apply to the Canadian Embassy at Buffalo, USA. them 5 :(

[/quote]yes, exactly !

1. Visit as quick as possible to CHC Chandigarh along with your tickets and stick to one point,

"No if, No but, No what else, No when ! Just return my Passport"

you may got some problem with security guard ! Just make some fake story, like you have an appointment but misplaced the letter of appointment. For general public without appointment, they simply ask to fill a form, which is useless. And dont trust Vfs, they only speak about rules, nöt its practical applicatiön.

2. I am surprised that why you didnt apply to the Canadian Embassy at Buffalo, USA.

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
decided- tomorrow embassy and on monday visa office
n told u wanted to apply from india to show my home ties.