Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
I was in India for two months. Applied for student visa under SPP. Applied on 15th july at VFS chandigarh. Thought i will get my passport stamped in a month. But till this date i didnt hear anything. I have to go back to US and i need my PP badly as my travel date is fast approaching.

Is thr anyway i can speed up my processing or do i have to withdraw my application as my travel date is approaching and thr is no other way

thanx in advance

bhathal_chd

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chc Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
6.5 , 24-.6-2011
File Transfer...
18-07-2011
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
jad marji karwa lao par cheti visa lawa dao
visit the chc chandigarh in sec 17.
they had ur passport.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/chandigarh.asp

emailing will not give any benefit.
just visit them

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
Thnx for ur reply

Will they let me enter the embassy without any appointment

bhathal_chd

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chc Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
6.5 , 24-.6-2011
File Transfer...
18-07-2011
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
antra_chd said:
Thnx for ur reply

open the link u will see on the bottom there is written . open for public.
u can go there without appointment.
if the security guard fells ur reason is geniune . then they will allow u to enter

bhathal_chd

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chc Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
6.5 , 24-.6-2011
File Transfer...
18-07-2011
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
antra_chd said:
Thnx for ur reply

Monday: 08:30 – 17:30
Tuesday: 08:30 – 17:30
Wednesday: 08:30 – 17:30
Thursday: 08:30 – 17:30
Friday: 08:30 – 13:00

Comments: Open to public Monday to Thursday from 11:00-12:00. Closed to the public on Fridays. Applications may also be submitted through the Visa Application Centres in Chandigarh and Jalandhar according to the times on their website at http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/......

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
i hope i need my passport back my next week at any cost.my flight is on 22nd.

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
in case i need to withdraw my application how much time will they take to return my PP. u have any idea?

hksd

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
amritsar
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-7-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
not yet
Interview........
kuch ta awe
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
i think uh should call vfs or visit there

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
ok thank. i will visit them today.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antra_chd said:
in case i need to withdraw my application how much time will they take to return my PP. u have any idea?
1. After reading your problem, I feel you are in "huge fix" situation.

2. This is India and specially Chandigarh ! So don't go by that so called "public timing - appointment". Thousands and thousands applicants are there either for PR, Tourist or Student visa, who try their best to "misuse" public timing schedule, everyone is in hurry to speed up application process. So, what I mean to say that if you go by "rules" as mentioned on website then you better forget your passport.

3. At the most, once you reached Chandigarh Office, they will hand over you one form to fill up and take my word, no one is going to even look at it ! If you call them or mail them, all you get one automated computer generated email and then nothing else.

4. Your best bet should be;

-take some elder member along with you to Chandigarh VFS centre and talk to them (even VFS cant help you, but certainly you can sense possibility)

-then go straight to Chandigarh Visa Office, there you will greeted by one ugly looking security guard who wont let you inside even at the cost of his life, so start doing some "emotional attayachar" on him, start showing some "crocodile tears", even your accompanied member can pressurize him... And believe me, once you get through that iron gate, you can forcefully put your case to "return your PP"

5. Finally, I must tell you one thing. On Chandigarh visa website, it has been clearly mentioned (and that too in bold format), it would be impossible for consulate to return passport in the mid of processing.

You can check it !nothing else.

4. Your best bet should be;

-take some elder member along with you to Chandigarh VFS centre and talk to them (even VFS cant help you, but certainly you can sense possibility)

-then go straight to Chandigarh Visa Office, there you will greeted by one ugly looking security guard who wont let you inside even at the cost of his life, so start doing some "emotional attayachar" on him, start showing some "crocodile tears", even your accompanied member can pressurize him... And believe me, once you get through that iron gate, you can forcefully put your case to "return your PP"

5. Finally, I must tell you one thing. On Chandigarh visa website, it has been clearly mentioned (and that too in bold format), it would be impossible for consulate to return passport in the mid of processing.

You can check it !

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
Dear Enfield thanks for ur detailed reply

1 yes i m in a FIX

2 i can show them my confirmed tickets for 22nd august. this can prove my urgency.. n this is genuine

3 i did send them 4 emails. and all this time wat i got is 2 computer generated emails. and in the other two cases i didnt even rec them

4 i have already talked to VFS guys, they r saying u still have 7 days so just wait. Now i find this highly illogical. how will a visa officer know that i just have 7 days left in a closed file.

5 VFS ppl told me that i can WITHDRAW my application anytime. all they need is 2 working days. so you need to again check or provide me the link.

thanx

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antra_chd said:
Dear Enfield thanks for ur detailed reply

1 yes i m in a FIX

2 i can show them my confirmed tickets for 22nd august. this can prove my urgency.. n this is genuine

3 i did send them 4 emails. and all this time wat i got is 2 computer generated emails. and in the other two cases i didnt even rec them

4 i have already talked to VFS guys, they r saying u still have 7 days so just wait. Now i find this highly illogical. how will a visa officer know that i just have 7 days left in a closed file.

5 VFS ppl told me that i can WITHDRAW my application anytime. all they need is 2 working days. so you need to again check or provide me the link.

thanx

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
??? didnt get your reply

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol, I sent one message but where ??

I was saying,

1. Don't trust in Vfs ! Use logic instead. You have strong case with Air tickets, otherwise good luck !

2. What I understood that you have US visa, then you have an option to apply in Canadian Embassy at Buffalo, USA. Its online ! And obviously much faster.

3. I stay affirmed on whatever I said concerning CHC Chandigarh in my earlier post. Here is a link to the Official webpage of CHC Chandigarh.. Just scroll down, down, down and read that !

www.canadianinternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visa/processing_times_tr-durees-traitement_rt.aspx?lang=eng

i am not saying either explicitly or implicitly that you shall not get your beloved PP. All I am saying that you have tough way ahead. CHC Chandigarh is a notorious gang of lazy b**tards who like to piss off genuine applicants. Sorry for using such words.

antra_chd

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
Med's Request
Already attached
Passport Req..
Already Attached
and i think u r referring abt this

WARNING:
IF YOU REQUIRE YOUR PASSPORT WITHIN THE PROCESSING TIMES POSTED ABOVE, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RELEASE YOUR PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS.

did u read "WITHIN" and i have already surpassed the so called "processing time"