+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!MY Hons.CGPA IS LOW BUT I WANT TO DO MY POST GRADUATE STUDIES IN CANADA

Arisha

Feb 12, 2015
HI EVERYONE,
I WANT TO DO MY POSTGRADUATE STUDIES IN CANADA BUT MY CGPA IS 2.79 (Bsc.EEE) WHICH I'VE COMPLETED IN 2013...I'M FROM BANGLADESH.
AND MY IELTS Score is 6.
SO CAN'T I APPLY AT ALL IN ANY UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA WITH THIS CGPA2.79!!!...I AM NOT EXPECTING HIGH PROFILE UNIVERSITIES BUT WITH THIS RESULT CAN'T I APPLY AT ALL IN ANY UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES IN CANADA?.
PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE :(
IT WILL BE TRULY GOOD FOR ME IF ANYONE PROVIDE ME A MASSIVE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TOPIC.
I'LL GIVE IELTS EXAM ON NEXT MONTH AGAIN TO ACHIEVE A GOOD SCORE.I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE SOME INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TOPIC.SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING I CAN'T APPLY IN ANY UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES IN CANADA WITH THIS CGPA(2.79) AND BY THINKING THIS ALL DAY AND NIGHT ,IT IS KILLING ME DAY BY DAY FOR NOT GETTING ANY CHANCE IN ANY UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGES IN CANADA... :'(
PLEASE HEPL ME :(

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I think you should stop freaking out and give attention to other aspects of your application, like improving IELTS, recommendations, statement letters, GRE/GMAT or even try to get a few years of job experience if possible.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With that kind of GPA why dont you do your postgraduate degree from an online university. Their requirements are low, you save money on visa, travel, food, shelter and everything under the sun. This way you complete your postdoc degree with minimum expense and without leaving your country. Why make life more complicated than it already is??

jem0955

Aug 6, 2013
You can still apply to the program you want but take courses or repeat courses to bring up your GPA prior to grad studies. People forget that there are actually 4 terms in a year. I went fall/winter to complete 5 full year courses, spring/summer and completed 2 - 3 full year courses or 1 1/2 years of my degree after 1 year, instead of doing a lot of fooling around and making lousy money. It's no brainer to complete in 3 years if you are a worker. I was 20 on my first day as a teacher. It wasn't easy when the students were 19, 20 and taking real sweet. S0 tart off improving your marks in the classes you did the worst in and no new ones because I believe the average is calculated between them all. Then once your average is decent, begin your post graduate studies. You'll do better in the long run if you improve these marks anyways. Starting a Masters at the bottom will only give you a lot of grieve and unhappiness with the results. I taught for 35 years and even high school kids would do that and what a difference it made when they started secondary education right after they improved their grades in summer school. So what if it takes another year. There was something saying to me I needed to rush. It was true when at 48 I became very sick after a car crash by the school and by the students. I ended up requiring a spinal fusion, and then I acquired ME/CFS, FM, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Small Fiber Neuropathy in my feet but years before the crash, eventually I got Diabetes from being bedridden and not moving much. I learned that after getting a diagnosis for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I had lots of autoimmune disorders but no one told me that until I figured that out recently. No wonder I didn't get pregnant with all the autoimmune diseases I had and the body eats tissue like sperm. 20 years ago they said unknown. I'm off topic a little but it all relates to life. Work hard and improve your marks in your undergrad degree and then walk in proud with a great starting place rather than very behind!!!