+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Meaning of FAMILY TIES

Jax23

Mar 2, 2023
Good day,
I have read in various threads about visa rejections due to family ties in Canada.
Questions: What does that mean? If an aunt is inviting you to visit, is that considered a strong tie?
We are planning to apply for a TRV approx. 25 days, a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids 5 & 3 yo). My sister and brothers are in the same country as me but not dependent on me at all.
Question: What family tie I'm I supposed to produce?
Many thanks for your inputs!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day,
I have read in various threads about visa rejections due to family ties in Canada.
Questions: What does that mean? If an aunt is inviting you to visit, is that considered a strong tie?
We are planning to apply for a TRV approx. 25 days, a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids 5 & 3 yo). My sister and brothers are in the same country as me but not dependent on me at all.
Question: What family tie I'm I supposed to produce?
Many thanks for your inputs!
In this case, you probably would be refused. Reasons:

1)Your family ties in Canada would be strong.
2)As you said your siblinngs are not dependent on you, so you have weak ties back at home
3) 25 days is a long time. Suggest you cut half.

How's your finances back home? Can you think of something that will make your home ties stronger?

EditL I saw your previous thread of the same topic. You can follow what @Naturgrl had suggested.

Last edited:

Jax23

Mar 2, 2023
Thank you very much for your input.
Finances are looking fine. I have a job, my husband runs his own business.
We will consider cutting the the trip short...