+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help me please.

coelets

Oct 6, 2009
hi, i am on working permit, i divorced my second wife recently and wanted to remarry my first wife and bring her here in canada to be with her kids, do you think this is possible? please give me some steps and procedures who to do this...
thank you much!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to get back together with your first wife, you need to marry her again and then you can sponsor her. You may need to provide some evidence to immigration that you are really back together and that you are not just marrying her to get her PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess I missed that part. If you are not a PR but only on a work permit, you can re-marry your ex-wife and then petition for an open work permit for her but only if your job is a skilled job, class A, B or 0. However, is the wife you just divorced already on an open work permit based on your work permit? Because I am not sure you can have two. In that case, you may need to wait until you extend your work permit or get PR.

coelets

Oct 6, 2009
thanks to the two of you,
yes i am on work permit and its on class B. its almost 4 months now since i divorced my second wife. do you think this is the good time to remarry my first wife and how long it will take to process her papers. do i have to prove to the immigration about our relationship, do i need to compile letters, bank statement, emails/mails. is the marriage ceremony is not enough?

my second wife she don't have any work permit at all. so it is possible for my firs wife to get an open permit and be with me and our kids.

thanks again for the input you will share to me....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's as good time as any to re-marry but you should call CIC and ask them about the details.
After you re-marry, your wife can apply for a TRV and a work permit based on your work permit. It's not guaranteed that she will get it, she will still have to prove she will go home at the end of her visa.

coelets

Oct 6, 2009
leon,
do you think getting first the PR status is better then applying her with my wp..
and also marriage certificates is enough to tell the immigration that we are back together.

thanks again for your input you are a great help to me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to apply for her TRV and work permit and see how it goes. If you are denied, you can apply for your PR if you qualify and then you will include her on your PR application as your wife.