+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help me out

rahul433

Aug 16, 2011
Hi This is Rahul from Hyderabad,India.
i have done my B.tech(bachelor's degree) in E.C.E(Electronics & Communication Engineering) and iam recently pass out(may-2011)..i agreegated with 55%
i got an admission for M.B.A in NYIT(New York Institute of Technology) in VANCOUVER campus for MAY intake 2012....
can i apply for my visa?
is M.B.A in this university wothfull?
i finished my IELTS with 6 bands in overall. how are the chances of getting visa for applying that university?
as this gives me,2 years of study + 3 years of work permit....

Regards in advance for your highly appreciated answers....

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have engineering backroud and now you are applying to MBA so its a case of studymismach and its risky for you

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
no risky at all....its best combination now a days engineering plus mba...so go ahead....u ill get the visa bro

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MBA master of business administration..........and electronics engineering is strictly difference with engineering......then how it combine study.........i have also engineering backround and associate engineer in electronics i applied for ACCA but many senior member adviced me that its a studymismach and risky path for you..

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
hmm...am also engineer...and in Pak majority ppl dng Mba after engineering....it depend which subject you are selecting....if u select Mba in Industrial management then it will be good...marketing can also be a good option...because some engineer work as a sales engineer...so marking degree is a good option for him...

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know a lot of people who have done MBA after Engineering in India. I also met a lot of people who have done Engineering in India and are doing MBA in Canada.

Apply with high confidence. Getting visa or not depends upon a lot of factors and not just one.

GS

hmdidar

Feb 14, 2012
With respect to your comment, I am doing MBA at Dalhousie University with a Software Eng background. MBA is not for Business background only. May it is in our country, but not in Canada. Please see the dalhousie MBA program, it would give you better idea about it.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahul433 said:
Hi This is Rahul from Hyderabad,India.
i have done my B.tech(bachelor's degree) in E.C.E(Electronics & Communication Engineering) and iam recently pass out(may-2011)..i agreegated with 55%
i got an admission for M.B.A in NYIT(New York Institute of Technology) in VANCOUVER campus for MAY intake 2012....
can i apply for my visa?
is M.B.A in this university wothfull?
i finished my IELTS with 6 bands in overall. how are the chances of getting visa for applying that university?
as this gives me,2 years of study + 3 years of work permit....

Regards in advance for your highly appreciated answers....
Hi,

1. Yes, you can apply.
2. Absolutely NO. It's a very low grade business school. Most likely you will end up wasting your time and money for this course/school.

*MBA is a general business education. You do NOT need to have a business background/studies/experience to pursue it. It's clearly NOT a so called 'study mismatch'.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
agreed with GS_Stud and hmdidar...........

just make your case accordingly....apply with full confidence...do you have an work experience???

rahul433

Aug 16, 2011
hopeful.ad said:
agreed with GS_Stud and hmdidar...........

just make your case accordingly....apply with full confidence...do you have an work experience???

I COMPLETED MY ENGINEERING IN MAY-2011. AND I HAD A WORK EXPERIENCE OF 8 MONTHS FROM THEN...THAT'S ALL....IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH WORK EXPERIENCE?

rahul433

Aug 16, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Yes, you can apply.
2. Absolutely NO. It's a very low grade business school. Most likely you will end up wasting your time and money for this course/school.

*MBA is a general business education. You do NOT need to have a business background/studies/experience to pursue it. It's clearly NOT a so called 'study mismatch'.

can you suggest me any other college/university for my profile?

hmdidar

Feb 14, 2012
Check out Management Science at U of L. MMSc is regular MBA. But it is very good program for Science people who wants to select Business field in future.

One thing: In Canada, the University is A MATTER for MBA. I mean the following question is very important for someone who wants to pursue MBA in North America: "Where (i.e. which school) did you get your MBA from?"

Universities who accepts student without GMAT are not considered as better one. (Note: There is always exception.). This is true almost always. I think experts will agree with me.