+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Immigrations requesting Update in Schedule A

plsapprovemom

Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance.

I have received a request from Immigrations to submit a newly completed schedule A - background declaration.

In my original completed declaration I stated my mother is single - which she is. Her ex-spouse (my father) is still alive but has since remarried, this is a country where polygamy is active and practiced, my father has three wives currently. While looking into my application they have discovered my father and have placed him on the application and have inquired about my income being satisfactory enough for two of them.

I am NOT applying for sponsorship for my father and never intend to. I have no contact with him. This is for my mother only, and my mother is single!

The process has been smooth so far except for this and now I am worried everything will end. I need my mom here.

Please help - should I email immigrations? Do I need a lawyer? How do I word this?

Thank you all.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance.

I have received a request from Immigrations to submit a newly completed schedule A - background declaration.

In my original completed declaration I stated my mother is single - which she is. Her ex-spouse (my father) is still alive but has since remarried, this is a country where polygamy is active and practiced, my father has three wives currently. While looking into my application they have discovered my father and have placed him on the application and have inquired about my income being satisfactory enough for two of them.

I am NOT applying for sponsorship for my father and never intend to. I have no contact with him. This is for my mother only, and my mother is single!

The process has been smooth so far except for this and now I am worried everything will end. I need my mom here.

Please help - should I email immigrations? Do I need a lawyer? How do I word this?

Thank you all.
Did you mentioned the above as an explanation with your application ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance.

Thank you all.
It's confusing. If your mom has ever been married to your father, she cannot be "single".
Is she divorced? If they are never legally divorced and if your mom was the first wife, then they are legally still married.
If your mom "got married" when your father was already married to one other wife, then their marriage was not considered "legal marriage" in Canada. And thus she IS considered single.

So clarify this with IRCC.

plsapprovemom

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you all so
Did you mentioned the above as an explanation with your application ?
No I didn't. Maybe I am overreacting. When I met with an immigration officer she advised to get a lawyer so I became flustered and sought help and found this website. Thank you so much.

plsapprovemom

Jan 28, 2019
It's confusing. If your mom has ever been married to your father, she cannot be "single".
Is she divorced? If they are never legally divorced and if your mom was the first wife, then they are legally still married.
If your mom "got married" when your father was already married to one other wife, then their marriage was not considered "legal marriage" in Canada. And thus she IS considered single.

So clarify this with IRCC.
All of these responses have calmed me down. Thank you so much.. this is such a trying process.