+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for PR application

ravik

Jul 30, 2008
Dear sir/Madam,

I am currently on a work permit in canada(skilled worker), its been 3months since I am in Canada(Work permit is valid for 1 Year, expires in May 2009, but will be extended). I am planning to apply for PR, but would like to clarify few things before I proceed.

Few things about myself

Having total 7 years of experience in IT field
Married
Wife on open work permit

1. Before coming to canada, I stayed in Malaysia for around 10months, do I need to get the Police clearance certificate from Malaysia?

2. And I got Police Clearance Certificate from India, which was issued on Dec 2007, do I need to reapply for it?

3. Do I need to write IELTS even if i undergone all my education in english medium.

4. Do I need to apply through regular processing? Do I need to apply to Buffalo or Vegreville

5. Does my wife need to apply seperately for PR or she can apply along with me.

Thanks in advance.

Ravik

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ravik said:
Dear sir/Madam,

I am currently on a work permit in canada(skilled worker), its been 3months since I am in Canada(Work permit is valid for 1 Year, expires in May 2009, but will be extended). I am planning to apply for PR, but would like to clarify few things before I proceed.

Few things about myself

Having total 7 years of experience in IT field
Married
Wife on open work permit

1. Before coming to canada, I stayed in Malaysia for around 10months, do I need to get the Police clearance certificate from Malaysia?

2. And I got Police Clearance Certificate from India, which was issued on Dec 2007, do I need to reapply for it?

3. Do I need to write IELTS even if i undergone all my education in english medium.

4. Do I need to apply through regular processing? Do I need to apply to Buffalo or Vegreville

5. Does my wife need to apply seperately for PR or she can apply along with me.

Thanks in advance.

Ravik
1. Yes, you will need new PCC from Malaysia and India.
2. They will request IELTS
3. Buffalo or Delhi.
4. Read the instructions, you wife is included on your application.

PMM

ravik

Jul 30, 2008
thanku for ur reply.
can u please tell me that can i apply to buffalo with what all documents what i have now because it takes 2 to 3 months to apply for PCC certificate .
by the time when buffalo immigratn people ask for supporting documents like PCC,IELTS then i will get the PCC also. ( imean can i submit PCC and IELTS when they ask for them after checking my applicatn)

Also my wife doesn't have birth certificate,,is it compulsory to have one foe application of PR

thanks
ravik

mdsebring

Jul 24, 2008
Did you find answer to your question. I am in same situation PCC takes months from my home country shall I file applictaion or wait for PCC.
Thanks

ravik

Jul 30, 2008
Can someone provide suggestion on whether I can apply for PR while waiting for PCC + IELTS
and also do we need to submit any proof of funds, as I am already on workpermit and working since last 3months.

Any Help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks for all the help.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
You need to include the PCC otherwise the application is incomplete (read the instructions)
your employment can count as arranged employment "provided" you indicate that clearly on your application
goodluck