+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for applying Visitor Visa for parents

nikhil_agarwal

Mar 15, 2013
Hi All,

I am studying at a Canadian University and currently on study permit. I am doing my internship in a company till Dec, 14. I want to apply visitor visa for my parents. Here's my situation

Father : Retired, on Pension
Mother : Dependent on father.

I need your help for some of the following

Itinerary, Travel : Attach a cancel-able round-trip ticket and a document describing the route/stay ?

Purpose of Travel ? (What should be provided ? They are just coming to meet me.)

Proof of Means of Financial Support : partly bear by me and them (me : $14K (canadian a/c) + $15k(Indian a/c), parents : $72.5k).

Proof of Relationship : My Passport's back page showing father/mother

Also,

a) Is the finance enough considering if the duration of stay is around a month ? Do they need address of stay in the invitation letter ?
b) Is the finance enough considering I'm on education loan and same finance is pledged for that as well ?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Nikhil,

Here are my suggestions for applying for your parents TRVs

To show your parents have strong ties to their home country:
Firstly, please provide all documents with proofs to show that your parents have very strong ties to their home country. This can be:
- Properties which they own
- Bank Fixed Deposits, Stocks/Shares, Financial Investments, etc
- Family Ties (if you have siblings, grandparents, etc who live with your parents - so your parents must return to their home country)
- Social Ties (if they are members of a group/organisation which does voluntary/charity work/on Managing Committee of a housing society for eg)

You may have to show stronger ties to your home country for your mother as she is dependent on your father

Itinerary
This should be a detailed explanation..... maybe even with Expense Estimates..... and not just "to see the Niagara Falls"

Purpose of Visit
From what you have written, the VO would think that you can always meet your parents in your home country.... so do add details as to what makes it necessary for them to visit Canada

Proof of Financial Support
Do ensure that none of the funds in your parents bank accounts was transferred recently, particularly if it is large sums.... in that case, provide explanations for the source of money and why it was transferred

Invitation Letter
You would have to provide an Invitation Letter which gives your address in Canada, contact details, residence status etc..... and also for your parents. This has to be signed by you..... your parents can print a scanned copy. There is no need to notarize it.

One member, Mikeymyke had drafted an excellent Invitation Letter which is available on this forum.... you could refer to it

Travel History
Would help if your parents have traveled to say US, UK or Schengen countries in the past

Hope this helps. All the best :)

nikhil_agarwal

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks a lot Bryanna. Can you also answer the below two questions and also suggest what else can i show for my mother to prove stronger ties to home country.

Thanks