+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Can't get a study permit in mail after got approved.

abbot92

Apr 3, 2020
So here's the thing.

I applied for a study permit extension after IEC which expires in June 12th.
So I applied for the study permit extension no later than April 20th, which is more than 30days before the expiration.
Then, my permit extension got approved roughly after a month.

But, this is what killing me right now, can't get a study permit documentation.
For first 2 months, I was being patient because this pandemic breakout can't be good for snail post or any sort of services.
But after 2 months, I realize it is overdue 6weeks as I instructed in a correspondence letter.
So, I submit a WEBform in IRCC and they said they sent out a new documentation in August 12th.

Now it's been 6weeks from second documentation sent-out.
I need to make a new ID and renew driver's license and all kind of things, but I'm stuck because I don't have any proper documentation to prove I'm rightful temporary resident.
And depending on the fact that 2 previous letters didn't make it, I hardly think that the 3rd one comes in a right way.
Plus, I'm not sure how many times I can request the new copy.

Is there anyway I can get the documentation without using mailing services, (I.E. get a documentation published by nearest P.O.E.)
Or is there anyway that I can change the address for documentation. (I.E. DLI I go to, or the liquor store that I used to work)

This thing is killing me since July.
Please help me!!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Do you have a copy of your application form? Are you sure the address is correct? A lot of people make mistakes because of the confusing form. It normally takes like 1 week to receive the paper.
You cant pick it up anywhere because of Covid but you can request an address change through webform.

abbot92

Apr 3, 2020
Do you have a copy of your application form? Are you sure the address is correct? A lot of people make mistakes because of the confusing form. It normally takes like 1 week to receive the paper.
You cant pick it up anywhere because of Covid but you can request an address change through webform.
I actually have a correspondence letter with the right address.
But anyhow, I inquire CIC to send me a new copy to changed address of liquor store I used to work.
I was just wondering if there are any other facilities or institutions that can publish the same document if conditions allowed.
I guess it's the best thing for now and hope this thing works.
Thank you a lot!