+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Can I change something/update my PR application after I’ve submitted it?

SpoiledPratt

Mar 20, 2021
Hi ! So I'm worried because at the part where they ask you "Have you ever got your biometrics done before", I answered "Yes" under the pretense that biometrics meant "having your photograph and fingerprints taken" and I recalled that I had to go through that when passing through Canadian immigration at the airport when I would usually fly back to Canada when I came back from the holidays. (I know, very dumb of me)

It was only when I've already submitted my CEC application that I realized biometrics was a relatively new step they added for applicants (because I didn't recall having to submit biometrics when I applied for student permit back in 2017 and even with PGWP)

My questions are:
- Will my chances of getting approved go lower/Will I get automatically refused because of this accidental answer?

- Will they just delay my application by requiring me to submit biometrics once they find out I potentially may not have biometrics file on their system before continuing my evaluation of my application?

- Is there any way to make changes or revisions to my answer after I've submitted my PR application already? What next steps should I take to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
You cannot change it once your answers are transmitted and submitted, you can submit web forms and explain what needs to be changed and why.

Reactions: Tophele

SpoiledPratt

Mar 20, 2021
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp, you can start here but I am not sure if it is possible to change answers using webforms, usually webforms are used to submit any missed documents or any additional documents.
Thanks! I just submitted earlier and informed them of the matter. Better to have prrof that there was an attempt from me to inform them about this rather than them finding out or thinking I falsified or something. I will update once I get feedback if ever.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks! I just submitted earlier and informed them of the matter. Better to have prrof that there was an attempt from me to inform them about this rather than them finding out or thinking I falsified or something. I will update once I get feedback if ever.
Sure.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi,

Can a webform to IRCC help me change a statutory answer for PR application?

I made an honest mistake in answering No to the question:
"Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

However, I answered yes to the question, disclosing only previous study permit refusal but forgot to include a US visitor visa refusal.
"Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

I understand that I should have answered Yes to the first question as well.

Will a webform help me fix this? I submitted my PR application yesterday.

Please advise.