+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Can anyone help with anwers to these questions I have about the FSW 2014?

waxweasel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Hi there,

I am in the process of preparing an application to submit for the FSW immigration program 2014, and am having difficulty finding answers to some questions that I have.
These are my questions:

1)
It states that for points for Canadian Adaptability, 10 points will be given for having 1 year full-time, continuous skilled work IN CANADA. Are these 10 points for Canadian Adaptability also awarded for Full-time-equivalent as well? ie: 2 years part-time (equivalent to 1 year full-time) IN CANADA?
It also states that for Work Experience (9-15 possible points), 9 points will be given for 1-year minimum full-time work experience (1-year continuous, skilled full-time work in the past 10 years, or "the equivalent in part-time" - ie: a minimum of 1560 hours over 2 years, continuously). So I am wondering whether full-time-equivalent work experience also applies to the 10 points for Canadian Adaptability ? ie. That points will be awarded for 1 year full-time equivalent for Canadian Adaptability, as they are for Work Experience - ie. 2 -years part-time, skilled, continuous work experience IN CANADA in one position at the same job? (Basically, the equivalent of 1 year full-time work in the form of 2 years part-time work IN CANADA)

If so, does this mean that I could receive 19 points for my 2 years part-time work in Canada?(Where I worked in the one position at NOC level A, continuously for 1772 hours over 2 years, with the appropriate authorization) ie. 9 points for the 1-year+ of full-time-equivalent (2 years+ part-time) skilled Work Experience (in the last 6 years), as well as another 10 points for Canadian Adaptability (for having 2 years skilled, continuous part time - equivalent to slightly more than 1-year full-time - IN CANADA ?). In other words, I am wondering if that 2-year part-time job in Canada alone will give me 19 points? - 10 points for Canadian Adaptability + another 9 points for full-time-equivalent, skilled Work Experience ?

2)
Do I need to have any copies of any original documents verified, if they are all in English already?
Do I need to have copies of identification verified/certified if these are in English?
If so, it states somewhere that this can be done by "An officer of a court of justice". Would that then include a practicing solicitor in Australia (who is designated as 'An officer of the Supreme Court of Australia', but is not a notary public.) ?
What then, if anything, would I need to have verified/certified, if all copies of my documents are in English?

3)
Re: Proof of funds - Can I simply submit a copy of a dated screen-capture of the balance of my online banking account? Or should it be a copy of a bank statement showing my current balance?
Would I require some sort of special certificate from my bank to accompany a balance statement? Or would a generic copy of a bank statement from my bank showing the current balance of my account suffice?

4)
In the form IMM 5562 - 'Your Travels' , it requests a complete travel history of every country you have ever traveled to and the dates of entry/exit. I have a very extensive travel history going back over thirty years, dating back to when I was a child, and cannot possibly document every single country I have ever entered/exited, along with the exact dates. How precise is this travel history expected to be? What if I cannot recall the exact date that I entered or exited a country? Should I just put a rough approximate date? Or an approximate month and year of each trip as best as I can recall?
If the space provided on the form is not sufficient for the entire travel history, can I just include another blank page with this form, and complete the rest of the travel history on that?

5)
In Schedule 3 - Questions 12 (a) and 12 (b) are a little confusing. Do I state my actual job title for 12 a) , as it is in b), or do I state the title of the NOC code I am applying in? eg: NOC 1123 - Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations....or my exact specific job title?

6)
If I have 1-year full-time (or FTE) skilled, continuous work experience in one role/job title, and then another 1-year full-time (or FTE) skilled, continuous work experience, in a completely different job title, but both titles fall under the same NOC group, will that still count as 2 years+ work experience? (..as it would be 2 x 1-year FTE work experiences in different titles, but both within the same NOC group). Or do both work experiences need to be of the exact same job title?

Answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated, as I in the process of trying to fill out the application forms, in order to submit them expediently for the 2014 FSW intake, and this is all very stressful at the moment.

Thanks guys,

WW

mapel_2014

May 17, 2014
I will share the information I have:

3. You need a Bank certificate or statement for showing POF
4. You need to only show your last 10 years of travel, and if you were below 18 years of age in the last 10 years, then that period also you can exclude. Yes you can include additional details on a blank page.
5. Its always best to share your actual job details, but mind you it should be one of the titles available under your NOC.

6. Work experience is checked by CIC through Job Title & Roles & responsibilities reflected in your Work experience letter. I hope you got the point.

Sorry I don't know conclusively on the other points.. so though to keep mum on them. 8)

Best of Luck.