05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
PMM said:
Hi

rupeshhari said:
i guess they are trying to reduce the workload of the people at the visa office even if it means high cost. This may reduce the overall processing time at the visa office (i am guessing).
It is much cheaper to process the initial applications in Sydney, don't have to pay Foreign Service salaries, accommodation allowances and hardship bonus. Also with all the applications FSW1,2,3 going through Sydney, when CIC reaches its quota for the year they will know right away how many have been forwarded. So they will probably have a percentage that they feel will not qualify add that to the total forwarded to overseas office and once the quota is reached, the rest of the applications will be either returned and told to apply next year, or carried over to the following year.

That is a wrinkle in C-50 that no one talks about to limit the no. of applications and as well clear the backlog. So once the level of 68K to 72K is reached, that is it.

PMM
well as far as i remmember they hired more staff in NS for this purpose b4 the instructions were announced and secondly they sent our applications to NS from the local CHC office so it cost them alot and thirdly they r still taking time to refund application fee and the application fee means alot to ppl who payed it and now waiting to get it back so this time must b reduced also they must consider that ppl might need their money for other purpose

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
i think they r just giving our applications a tag of "Precessing" so that they dont have to refund the fee...

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
In the long run, only a small proportion of application are going from visa office to Sydney. Its only those who applied between Feb to Nov 2008. I think its probably easier for them to process those "out of norm" application at Sydney than to filter out those people at the visa office because there is training involved and those manhours will be taken away from processing applications that will probably get approved.

Sure, it might take longer for those declined to get their money back but it should also be quicker to get applications approved. Unfortunately, not everyone can win. I guess going forward, those applying need to consider whether they'd risk their application being denied and getting their money in 6months vs the positives of being approved. Unfortunately, those applied from feb to nov 2008 didn't have that option.

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Hello PMM,

I am sorry but you are wrong. Yes, you can update your application. In fact, let me just quote the exact response I received from the CIC Singapore Office. Not only did they mention that my application was transferred to NS, but also they said I could send to NS updates that would affect the eligibility in my favour. Here it is:

"This office has not retained any information on your file. As a result, we are unable to respond to any case enquiries. If you have provided us with an update for your file we have forwarded this information to the Centralized Intake Office. All further updates or enquiries on your application should be directed to the office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Should you require some changes to your file which could affect your eligibility or record a change of address, please send your information to one of the addresses below.....
"

And by the way, I applied on April 2, 2008, which is between Feb 27, 2008 and Nov 28, 2008. :)

PMM said:
Hi

Hopeful Canadian said:
I applied for FSW from CHC Islamabad in May 2008 with NOC 3216 (Meadical sonographer) and recieved an AOR the same month through my Consultant / Lawyer.

After the implimentation of the new Law, the NOC 3216 is no more on the ministerial list and todate I have not been able to get any AEO for that despite the help of BC Guy / Futuresearch canada.

My Consultant asked me for any updates in the situation and I have told them that I also have parallel experience of abt 9 years in the same time slot as 0311 (Medical Manages).

I am updating my info with my lawyer but my question is:

Q1: will my lawer be able to just update my application or He/She will withdraw and reapply for me?
Q2: will I get a new AOR no or will retain the old one?
Q3:will my application be then transfered to NS as it has not yet been done and I dont know about current status of my application?

As of now I am unable to access my CAS which I accessed in my past and even have copy of that but it now does not shows any Record on entering the same info.

will members help me understanding the situation and suggest what to do next.

I am again thankful for all who have helped me uptil this point.

Waiting for your replies.

Always Hopeful,

Hopeful Canadian
1. You can't update the application to NS,it will be refused, so you will have to re-apply.

PMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
mcgyver said:
Hello PMM,

I am sorry but you are wrong. Yes, you can update your application. In fact, let me just quote the exact response I received from the CIC Singapore Office. Not only did they mention that my application was transferred to NS, but also they said I could send to NS updates that would affect the eligibility in my favour. Here it is:

"This office has not retained any information on your file. As a result, we are unable to respond to any case enquiries. If you have provided us with an update for your file we have forwarded this information to the Centralized Intake Office. All further updates or enquiries on your application should be directed to the office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Should you require some changes to your file which could affect your eligibility or record a change of address, please send your information to one of the addresses below.....
"

And by the way, I applied on April 2, 2008, which is between Feb 27, 2008 and Nov 28, 2008. :)

PMM said:
Hi

Hopeful Canadian said:
I applied for FSW from CHC Islamabad in May 2008 with NOC 3216 (Meadical sonographer) and recieved an AOR the same month through my Consultant / Lawyer.

After the implimentation of the new Law, the NOC 3216 is no more on the ministerial list and todate I have not been able to get any AEO for that despite the help of BC Guy / Futuresearch canada.

My Consultant asked me for any updates in the situation and I have told them that I also have parallel experience of abt 9 years in the same time slot as 0311 (Medical Manages).

I am updating my info with my lawyer but my question is:

Q1: will my lawer be able to just update my application or He/She will withdraw and reapply for me?
Q2: will I get a new AOR no or will retain the old one?
Q3:will my application be then transfered to NS as it has not yet been done and I dont know about current status of my application?

As of now I am unable to access my CAS which I accessed in my past and even have copy of that but it now does not shows any Record on entering the same info.

will members help me understanding the situation and suggest what to do next.

I am again thankful for all who have helped me uptil this point.

Waiting for your replies.

Always Hopeful,

Hopeful Canadian
1. You can't update the application to NS,it will be refused, so you will have to re-apply.

PMM
My opinion here is just a guess.

I don't think Sydney is set up to update applications for normal applications. By normal, i mean those who applied after 28 of Nov 2008. Thats because they have no file number to match the update letter. Perhaps they might do it for those applications who sent in their application between Feb and Nov 2008 because those applications may have a file number issued by visa office. If CIO in Sydney retains these file number then all is good, but if they don't then there is really no way of updating because the turn around is quick. So while they may update those files, they are probably not equipped to do so. Remember I am guessing.

The visa office may not know that a file cannot be updated at Sydney, but by sending that letter, they are indicating that the onus is on Sydney rather than them. They are not indicating whether Sydney will actually do the update. Its hard to know which is correct. So essentially, I agree with PMM.

As for those people who do want to update at Sydney, go ahead, but don't be surprised if they don't update your file.

Radhika

Mar 28, 2009
Dear Mr. Rupeshhari

Kindly Help

I would like to bring to your notice that I applied in May 2008 from New Delhi.

In March even my application was transferred to Nova Scotia.

I am regularly checking my online status and today I noticed a change in my application status.

It’s again saying Application Received and we received you application for PR on may 20, 2008.

What does this mean? Does it say that my application is accepted and will process sooner?

cos as per the previous status it said that the Sydney Nova Scotia will contact you soon.

or does it mean that my application is rejected and would receive the refund sooner.

Kindly help me in this matter.

Also did any one else receive any update in their application. Kindly share your updates.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Radhika.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Radhika said:
Dear Mr. Rupeshhari

Kindly Help

I would like to bring to your notice that I applied in May 2008 from New Delhi.

In March even my application was transferred to Nova Scotia.

I am regularly checking my online status and today I noticed a change in my application status.

It's again saying Application Received and we received you application for PR on may 20, 2008.

What does this mean? Does it say that my application is accepted and will process sooner?

cos as per the previous status it said that the Sydney Nova Scotia will contact you soon.

or does it mean that my application is rejected and would receive the refund sooner.

Kindly help me in this matter.

Also did any one else receive any update in their application. Kindly share your updates.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Radhika.
To be honest, i have no idea but i would guess and say that it neither means that you are rejected or accepted. It just means that they are still processing it. I don't think you went from one status to another because something happened (whether good or bad) with your application but rather because the statuses itself are now different.

Radhika

Mar 28, 2009
To be honest, i have no idea but i would guess and say that it neither means that you are rejected or accepted. It just means that they are still processing it. I don't think you went from one status to another because something happened (whether good or bad) with your application but rather because the statuses itself are now different.

Dear Mr. Rupeshhari

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I do agree with you. Only thing is you will get to know that the status are changing also others might get some idea on this. That’s it .

Thanks once again

Regards,
Radhika.

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Any people of this boat got any reply from Sydney, Nova Scotia, C-50

Jun 30, 2009
Hi guys.

this is the message everytime I login to check my status.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 5, 2008.

We started processing your application on January 28, 2009.

We transferred your application to the Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office on March 10, 2009. The Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office may contact you."

As you can c Nova Scotia got my application on March 10, 2009 but I havent got any reply ever since about they are doing and how much more time it will take.

Some of u guys even say 6-12 months is the approx time one should expect when application goes to NS- C-50.

So wat do u suggest should be my next step

Thanx

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......