+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hello need some advice

Jan 12, 2014
Hi i'm new here and i need some advice i'm from the philippines and currently working as a shift supervisor in a restaurant. Is there a way to be able to work in canada related in my field of work where do i apply and where to start

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
if you have a visitor visa only you are working illegally and are at risk of being deported (and prevented from ever returning to Canada).

If you are on a work permit, you permit will stipulate for whom you are permitted to work, and where you are permitted to work. If it is an open permit changing jobs should not be a problem.

If not, and you wish to change jobs, step one is to find an employer that would be willing get an LMO, which will allow you to apply for a new work permit, for the new job. There are several rules about this, so have a look at the CIC website for clarification.

If you are able to obtain family sponsorship, or perhaps qualify for permanent residence in some other way, I would suggest you apply for that, as once you have PR you can work in any job anywhere in Canada.

Good luck :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
macatangayariel said:
Hi i'm new here and i need some advice i'm from the philippines and currently working as a shift supervisor in a restaurant. Is there a way to be able to work in canada related in my field of work where do i apply and where to start
If you find a Canadian employer who will sponsor you for a work permit, you have a chance. If you are working in a skilled profession (shift manager) you can probably be sponsored under PNP (provincial nominee program). If you are working a lower skilled job, you'd have to look for a job in AB or BC and look for the right profession because in these provinces, some selected low skilled workers can be sponsored for PR as well.

You can read about PNP's here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Jan 12, 2014
@gogia no i'm not permanent resident, only applying as a skilled worker.
@netmecca can i apply for PR by my self or with my family i know it would cost a lot if me and my family applied for pr and we do not have any relatives in canada would it be possible
@leon it is possible a canadian employer will sponsor me how many percent it would be possible, some say it only takes 1 percent chance .do you have a site or a company that can sponsor me plese let me know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
macatangayariel said:
@ leon it is possible a canadian employer will sponsor me how many percent it would be possible, some say it only takes 1 percent chance .do you have a site or a company that can sponsor me plese let me know.
Probably less then 1% chance to find an employer. I have heard from people who applied for 300 jobs before they found an employer. However, if you don't try, you have 0% chance. I don't know about a company that can sponsor you. You will have to look for an employer in your field in order to get a job.