Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
Hello All,

This is my first post on the forum.

My wife and I are unsure of the NOC codes to be used.

I am a Senior Software Automation Tester with 7 years of experience. I am unsure between NOC codes 2173 and 2283.

My wife has experience as an Academic Research Editor and currently works in Regulatory Affairs, not sure which NOC Code should be used for her. We have currently used the code 5122 (Editor).

Please help!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ashishshirke21 said:
Hello All,

This is my first post on the forum.

My wife and I are unsure of the NOC codes to be used.

I am a Senior Software Automation Tester with 7 years of experience. I am unsure between NOC codes 2173 and 2283.

My wife has experience as an Academic Research Editor and currently works in Regulatory Affairs, not sure which NOC Code should be used for her. We have currently used the code 5122 (Editor).

Please help!
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities and educational qualifications, they will help you find the closest fit.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC doesn't have to be exact match, it's closet possible. So if you are confused between two codes because duties are same then any one would do.

If you still confused best way to determine is send your duties and job title at following email address.

noc@workingincanada.gc.ca

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
Thank you for your responses!

I will contact noc@workingincanada.gc.ca for further clarity :)

Mansi7

Jul 14, 2016
Hello Ashish,
did you find out the NOC code for Regulatory affairs officer? my husband is having same trouble finding his NOC code. Any response from you will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
Mansi7 said:
Hello Ashish,
did you find out the NOC code for Regulatory affairs officer? my husband is having same trouble finding his NOC code. Any response from you will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello Mansi7,

My wife wrote to them recently and is yet to hear back from them. Will let you know as soon as we hear from them. In the meantime, if you get any updates, please pass them along.

Thanks!

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
My e-mail has been undeliverable to them. Is there any other means of getting the correct NOC code or contacting them?

MANVIJ

Jan 30, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
IELTS Request
25-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Stanlee said:
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities and educational qualifications, they will help you find the closest fit.
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for your detailed posts which is very useful to so many of us out here.. you really deserve a big appreciation from our hearts for everything you have been doing in this forum. thanks once again.
And thanks for all other members of this forum who have been helping thousands out here, thanks to you guys too...

Actually, I also had a clarification on my NOC and sent an email to the NOC team (same email id as mentioned in your post too) but gmail confirmed that it could not deliver the message even after 3 tries.. has the email id been updated or is it down or something.. Please let us know if you have any info on the same..
1. If i have to change the NOC after I receive an ITA in the PR application form, will that not be a mismatch between the express entry profile and the application form that we submit after the ITA. Please clarify