+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEATED ROADS IN CANADA ...WANT TO KNOW WHERE?

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
Dear friends,

Sorry for this weird topic but I thought this would be the best place to find out if there are roads in canada which are kept heated for human comfort? I am not sure about it but i guess i read somewhere that it happens in edmonton .. but couldnt find out where exactly?

please let me know if anyone of you knows the area... I want to share with my friends.

thanks in advance

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
what i read.....

But visiting Norway and Sweden was another eye-opener. For starters I saw something miraculous I'd never even imagined -heated sidewalks that cover large parts of downtown in several cities. The streets are covered with snow like ours but the sidewalks are 100-per-cent snow-free -block after block of bare concrete without a snowflake to be seen.

Norwegians heat theirs with electricity after studies found it costs less than shovelling them. They also save a fortune in health costs, because people don't slip on ice and wind up in hospital.

Sheets of cone-shaped carbon nanofibers are embedded in paper and placed under the roadway. Electricity heats these sheets, thereby melting the sloppy wintery mix. According to Chang, this system consumes less power than other options and the carbon nanotube-embedded paper sheets are cheap and plentiful

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I am not aware of any heated roads except that "Bridge in Toronto" that was experimented and was successful. There are plans on building more heated bridges. If you google this topic, it would be really beneficial instead of on a forum which is solely for immigration discussions.

Thanks,

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for your input. My apologies for posting it on a wrong forum :(

I was fully aware that it is not anywhere related to immigration so i made the heading very clear so that anyone who reads it doesnt curse me later on.... ;D

but the reason i posted it here is because of the large number of people reading it with deep knowledge about canada ... a lot of the senior members who are now in canada would have the first hand information if there is any such road ... most likely in alberta . thats why i chose this forum and not google.... yeh kuchh zyada ho gaya par ye forum hai zabardast ;D

many like me would have come across this idea of road heating for the first time.... but it actually happens in some countries. ...perhaps in canada too.

:-[ once again i request you to kindly update my knowledge on canada and dont curse me for this not so well placed thread. :-[

thanks for reading .

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I must say I am very highly amused by your fascination with heated roads!

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
thanks for the nice tongue in cheek remark... :p i am laughing too.. :)

probably coz thats something i have not even heard of earlier.... and most importantly its related to canada. ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apart from a bridge or two - there are no heated roads / sidewalks.

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
Don't know about where are they used precisely. But a Common example is wires are laid under runways at airports so that runways remain clear from Ice.

THese are special wires buried not more than around 5 Feet in the ground under the runways.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hey Buddy, I am not cursing you really. I just answered your question and requested you to google it. I understand your asking on this forum as so many people are there from Canada and might answer your question. But whosoever comes on this forum has questions regarding the issues they face regarding their immigration and we all who can help have to answer a lot of questions like that and that makes it difficult to answer questions irrelevant to the immigration. It takes a lot of research to answer any immigration related questions as giving wrong answers might put somebody into confusing state.

I hope you understand this and my intention was never to abuse or curse you, but if I did, I am sorry for that.

Cheers!!!

Rockin

RockinCanada said:
I am not aware of any heated roads except that "Bridge in Toronto" that was experimented and was successful. There are plans on building more heated bridges. If you google this topic, it would be really beneficial instead of on a forum which is solely for immigration discussions.

Thanks,

MissDenise

Feb 23, 2013
ALPHA BRAVO said:
what i read.....

But visiting Norway and Sweden was another eye-opener. For starters I saw something miraculous I'd never even imagined -heated sidewalks that cover large parts of downtown in several cities. The streets are covered with snow like ours but the sidewalks are 100-per-cent snow-free -block after block of bare concrete without a snowflake to be seen.

Norwegians heat theirs with electricity after studies found it costs less than shovelling them. They also save a fortune in health costs, because people don't slip on ice and wind up in hospital.

Sheets of cone-shaped carbon nanofibers are embedded in paper and placed under the roadway. Electricity heats these sheets, thereby melting the sloppy wintery mix. According to Chang, this system consumes less power than other options and the carbon nanotube-embedded paper sheets are cheap and plentiful
Hmmmm i am from Norway and driving truck here 21years and never saw a heated road in complete Norway..and yes why i am on this forum..i want new things in life and try to get to work in BC as soon as possible after been driving on the snow and icy roads here in Norway and all over europe but heated roads?? nehh not seen here in norway or other countries..im sorry..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U guys must have already googled it, if not here is an old info on the subject. However, I'm yet to see (or hear) anything on 'heated roads' in Canada... and neither been to Essex county to have a look-see!

Nonetheless, "heated Driveways" r quite a few here-n-there, I was myself contemplating installing one before this winter -- but better sense prevailed (vis-a-vis the shot-up Hydro Bill and the benefits of shovelling for a cardio dose).

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
Hmmmm i am from Norway and driving truck here 21years and never saw a heated road in complete Norway..and yes why i am on this forum..i want new things in life and try to get to work in BC as soon as possible after been driving on the snow and icy roads here in Norway and all over europe but heated roads?? nehh not seen here in norway or other countries..im sorry..
I have never been to Norway before but I just quoted what i read..
http://www2.canada.com/montrealgazette/columnists/story.html?id=3dd992e8-477f-4d8f-9f32-fa771dfd166c&p=1
Its hard to believe that there can be an article on something which doesn't exists or anywhere close to what has been mentioned... obviously, you being a resident of that country cant be wrong either...