+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing Postponed

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi,

I've been waiting for my scheduled virtual hearing for almost 5 months, which was supposed to take place tomorrow, February 28, 2024. However, three days ago, it was postponed, and I received the notification today in my mailbox and lawyer was informed three days ago. I submitted my claim in May 2022 and it was regular case.

The letter states:

"The hearing scheduled for February 28, 2024, with respect to the above-mentioned claims for refugee protection has been postponed for administrative reasons. The hearing will be rescheduled, and a notice to appear containing the new hearing date and location will be provided to you at that time.
If you move, please notify the RPD and the Minister in writing of your new address and other contact........."

I have a few questions:
  1. Is this the typical letter that everyone receives when a hearing is postponed for administrative reasons, and what exactly is the administrative reason?
  2. Why do they mention informing the Minister if I change my address? Does it mean the Minister is planning to be involved in my case?
  3. Can I expect a new hearing date soon? The message doesn't seem to indicate that I will be rescheduled promptly.
  4. is there any chance they will still approve it without hearing, it is not a less complex case.. I am a family of three

novakul

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
Yes there is Minister involved ,
in my case when it was postponed after in hearing they just send questions

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I've been waiting for my scheduled virtual hearing for almost 5 months, which was supposed to take place tomorrow, February 28, 2024. However, three days ago, it was postponed, and I received the notification today in my mailbox and lawyer was informed three days ago. I submitted my claim in May 2022 and it was regular case.

The letter states:

"The hearing scheduled for February 28, 2024, with respect to the above-mentioned claims for refugee protection has been postponed for administrative reasons. The hearing will be rescheduled, and a notice to appear containing the new hearing date and location will be provided to you at that time.
If you move, please notify the RPD and the Minister in writing of your new address and other contact........."

I have a few questions:
  1. Is this the typical letter that everyone receives when a hearing is postponed for administrative reasons, and what exactly is the administrative reason?
  2. Why do they mention informing the Minister if I change my address? Does it mean the Minister is planning to be involved in my case?
  3. Can I expect a new hearing date soon? The message doesn't seem to indicate that I will be rescheduled promptly.
  4. is there any chance they will still approve it without hearing, it is not a less complex case.. I am a family of three
There is Minister Intervention most likely