+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing postponed due to operational limitation in vancouver !!!

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hearing postponed due to the operational limitation in Vancouver if anybody is the same situation about me let me know in here.

I have another Question guy's this thinking busy my mind in these days... I appreciated if you reply
I have some enemy in this Town, they are gossip and unfortunately they are family like cousins but they are sick minded and dangerous and they don't have any good background in this country, they don't like us to stay here and they are jealous of us I am sure about that, and they beware I am a refugee I was afraid if they call to refugee board in Vancouver and tell my name our phone number for example, and say like I want to report a fake immigration refugee something like that......
could it be bad and Effective about my claim (but my claim case is real) and they don't know what is that maybe they guessed the little of the story and conclusion and my hearing date and whole situation? now do officers go to do anything about their calling?
because two of my friend's who are ahead of me they are not postponed but I postponed that's Very strange and weird, because of that i have some doubt about this crazy thinking.
my hearing date was 6 month on a paper they provide but postponed due to operational limitation.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hearings are currently taking about 18 months due to backlogs in processing as a result of the influx of Haitian refugees. So nothing abnormal about the delay. IRCC follow up on tips provided by family, friends and others are very likely to be in investigated up as part of the background check. Can it affect your claim........yes. It all depends on what IRCC finds in the follow up.

Reactions: imissmylove

veeoad

Feb 19, 2018
its totally normal I am, also in the same boat, I am November applicant and after eligibility date has given me in may 2018 but on 7 April I received letter stated that my hearing postponing because of operational limitation after that I called to IRB and the case officer told me hearing should take 12 to 18 months this is today's news. I am frustrating.

Reactions: imissmylove

veeoad

Feb 19, 2018
Hearings are currently taking about 18 months due to backlogs in processing as a result of the influx of Haitian refugees. So nothing abnormal about the delay. IRCC follow up on tips provided by family, friends and others are very likely to be in investigated up as part of the background check. Can it affect your claim........yes. It all depends on what IRCC finds in the follow up.
is there is an chance or option through i get earlier date?? and any suggestions about my family they are back home how can i get them here? please need your reply

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
is there is an chance or option through i get earlier date?? and any suggestions about my family they are back home how can i get them here? please need your reply
As you said we are in the same boat, we are all same bro we have family back home too, there are too many people like us in line they land to Canada in 2016 and still, they are waiting.
they are going one by one to hearing, hearing delay time issue is because of they have few judges in courts, I am sure they're beware of that but unfortunately, they don't have more budget to dedicate to refugees in CIC.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
A weird Things and part is I know two other people they are refugee claimant like us, they didn't receive any mail until now, I think this postponement is sorting and ordering due to cases, maybe their case is easy to go and more and much easier as i know they case are religion and political like me but one of them is woman and one of them is man and he has one childeren back home
i thought because of female gender and another person because of childeren and family they didn't touch and modify their hearing date but i am married guy too and my wife is alone back of our country.
now they have hearing date paper in their hands and they will go to hearing about only 6 months after submission in may.
it's not fair ....
any idea about this?

Last edited:

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/NewsNouv/NewNou/Pages/hearing-schedule.aspx

The IRB has decided to start processing the refugee claims in the order they were received, that means they are now focusing on legacy claims (they still have +3000 of those claims open) and this will take them about 2-3 months to clear. As of Dec 31, 2017, they still had about +43,000 new claims on the backlog and they were processing (Accepting or Rejecting) claims at a rate of 1,700 per month...

With this new strategy, the IRB estimates that the claimants will have a hearing 20 months after they make their claim.

In my opinion, this is a downward estimate, so in my case, I have decided to assume that my hearing will be held in 2 years (24 months).

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
In my opinion, this is a downward estimate
Agreed. Probably a bit on the optimistic side, if anything. Although, with the refusal rate of Haitian applicants, it might be quicker than anticipated.

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Agreed. Probably a bit on the optimistic side, if anything. Although, with the refusal rate of Haitian applicants, it might be quicker than anticipated.
True, I did not account for the people that abandoned or withdrew their refugee claims when doing my own calculations on the wait time.

I guess I'd prefer to be positively surprised and have an early hearing than being too optimistic and then find myself disappointed.