+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Healthcare/Physio considering immigrating from USA

celigo

Jul 3, 2022
Hi! With the unfortunate political climate in the USA, my family and I are seriously considering moving outside of the USA. Wife and I are both of American born and English is our first/dominant language (also fluent in Spanish). Additionally, I am a physiotherapist with 12+ years of field experience (9+ of management experience in the field). In going through the calculator on the Canadian immigration website, our collective score would be somewhere in the 440s (I think my age of 37 isn't helping matters).

We are curious what the process would look like to immigrate, get a job, etc., and how likely that this would be a successful process (the actual immigration process, not life itself as we are aware there will be new and unique challenges that we have not dealt with in the USA).

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! With the unfortunate political climate in the USA, my family and I are seriously considering moving outside of the USA. Wife and I are both of American born and English is our first/dominant language (also fluent in Spanish). Additionally, I am a physiotherapist with 12+ years of field experience (9+ of management experience in the field). In going through the calculator on the Canadian immigration website, our collective score would be somewhere in the 440s (I think my age of 37 isn't helping matters).

We are curious what the process would look like to immigrate, get a job, etc., and how likely that this would be a successful process (the actual immigration process, not life itself as we are aware there will be new and unique challenges that we have not dealt with in the USA).

Thanks!
440 is too low to be selected through FSW / Express Entry. So that is not a realistic option for you. You are right, your age is working against you. Research the PNP programs to see if any of those are possible for you

celigo

Jul 3, 2022
Speed Test

Thanks!
I got this,...

structured001

Jul 6, 2022
Hi Celigo, I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my fiancé from Indianapolis, Indiana to Ottawa, Canada and I've done a ton of research on how to immigrate to Canada from America specifically so I thought I would give you my two cents advice. The USMCA trade agreement allows for Canada to grant United States professionals (from a list of 50 odd professions) a three year work permit to work in Canada with a job offer. Lucky for you, your profession falls under the USMCA professions list, so the first thing you can do is start looking for jobs in Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/international-free-trade-agreements/north-american.html
During those three years, if you like Canada, you can apply for Permanent Residence through Express Entry or another immigration route.
Good Luck!