+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having Two Passports before PR visa stamping

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
Hi,
I’m in a situation with my spouse having two passports because of change in marital status and address change.. the passport numbers are different, we just received an email for PR visa stamping for her.
1. The old passport is invalid now and I will be sending both the passports for the stamping process.
2. Should I raise a webform and inform IRCC

How to proceed with this? Kindly let me know how to proceed with this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I’m in a situation with my spouse having two passports because of change in marital status and address change.. the passport numbers are different, we just received an email for PR visa stamping for her.
1. The old passport is invalid now and I will be sending both the passports for the stamping process.

Would send IRCC updated information. Would submit a letter if explanation with the passports.

Reactions: Thilak14

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I would NOT submit the old passport if it's invalid. Just provide the new one, with a photocopy of the bio page of the old one, and a short explanation that you had to replace your passport because [reason.]

This is not a big deal, applicants replacing passports is quite common.

Reactions: Thilak14