+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever used other name question on the application form

SExplorer

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,

I am in the process of filling up application form for PR. Under one of the sections, it is asking me "Have you ever used any other name?".
I had my name printed as "xxxxBen" (there is a tradition to put suffix such as kumar/ben after first name in my country) on my old passport and I got it corrected as "xxxx" on my new passport as I have this name on all the other documents.
Do I need to select YES for that question and provide details of my old name or I can say NO as I already have my name corrected on the current passport?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am in the process of filling up application form for PR. Under one of the sections, it is asking me "Have you ever used any other name?".
I had my name printed as "xxxxBen" (there is a tradition to put suffix such as kumar/ben after first name in my country) on my old passport and I got it corrected as "xxxx" on my new passport as I have this name on all the other documents.
Do I need to select YES for that question and provide details of my old name or I can say NO as I already have my name corrected on the current passport?
You have to say Yes and mention the old name.